Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 7:29 am

autisticelders wrote:
I have been this way all my life. I learned when I was seeking diagnosis (through neurological testing) that I have only 25th percentile visual processing and 35th percentile audio processing, so anything I see in motion or hear is interpreted and recorded very unreliably.

That sounds interesting, how do you get the visual and audio processing tested? I wonder if I have something like that going on too. It takes me a while to process ANYTHING auditory. I'm very visual and my ears don't process information as quickly or precisely as other people. I have to learn everything visually, I don't take much in auditorily (if that's a word).

It was quite funny once, my work colleague said, 'I'll give you directions to my house. 2ndleft3rdright1stright4thleft2ndleft.' Or something.

I said, 'what?' But luckily another colleague said, 'you're a visual learner so here's a map.' MUCH better :lol:

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 4:00 pm

I got neurological testing as part of my seeking diagnosis, a full day's testing included all sorts of things that measured my neurology. I got the summary report and among test results, it gave me visual and audio results of the testing. I am not sure which tests in all those long series of tests was which. Wish I could be more precise for you KitLily

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 5:26 pm

autisticelders wrote:
I got neurological testing as part of my seeking diagnosis, a full day's testing included all sorts of things that measured my neurology. I got the summary report and among test results, it gave me visual and audio results of the testing. I am not sure which tests in all those long series of tests was which. Wish I could be more precise for you KitLily

I've heard of quite a few people from the USA going through such testing, as part of the diagnostic process. I've heard of hardly anyone in the UK doing so, as part of the diagnostic process.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:12 am

firemonkey wrote:
autisticelders wrote:

I've heard of quite a few people from the USA going through such testing, as part of the diagnostic process. I've heard of hardly anyone in the UK doing so, as part of the diagnostic process.

this is correct. In the UK you are told what treatments and tests you will be getting. You can't just order and pay for treatments and tests. This has advantages and disadvantages.