Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

JuanDiegalo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2022, 10:41 am

I just listened to the latest episode of Terrible, Thanks for Asking. It's about Allison Raskin. It was a really eye-opening look into her childhood history and beyond. She was diagnosed with OCD and depression at age 4, when she began displaying odd behaviors. So much of her story just screams AUTISM, but I don't think she knows it. I just got this strong sense that she was yet another girl to slip through the cracks and get misdiagnosed (not discounting the OCD, but I think there's more going on). Her mom is on the podcast episode too. She talks about how she was a weird kid, severe emotional disfunction, deficits in social-emotional reciprocity, cognitive inflexibility, low-frustration tolerance, black-and-white thinking, etc. I feel like reaching out to her somehow, but I don't want to scare her off of the idea, as I know it has to be done gently and by someone you know, oftentimes. I was also assigned male at birth, and sometimes present as male, sometimes female (I'm bigender). The suggestion of autism might be better received by someone assigned female at birth. I don't know. I thought I'd pose this question in the womens forum. Hope that's appropriate.

Here's the link to the podcast episode: https://ttfa.org/episodes/overthinking-about-you. It so closely mirrors the stories I've heard of other women and girls (and not surprisingly mine, since I've always had a strong female side). What do you think?