When they love you but don't like you

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2022, 2:40 pm

My family does not like me. They are extended family that took me in after mom died. Year after year I see how different from them I am and the less they tolerate it. And the don't respect my opinion or boundaries. They treat me like I'm weak. As soon as I can afford it, I'll have to consider moving. Sad, the place Is very cozy

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:06 am

Its a good idea to start planning as soon as possible and to have everything in place for such a move. Would they consider going to a counselor or therapist together to learn ways you all can work better together as extended family? If you are determined to move, I hope there are agencies and supports you can work with to find a good place and to make arrangements to support yourself (get disability or other aid), get transport set up, medical care, etc. If you are not able to do all of this by yourself it is OK to ask others for help. Even the ones you live with might be helpful in assisting you to get everything you need for such an arrangement. Wishing you all the best as you work through it.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2022, 11:38 am

autisticelders wrote:
Its a good idea to start planning as soon as possible and to have everything in place for such a move. Would they consider going to a counselor or therapist together to learn ways you all can work better together as extended family? If you are determined to move, I hope there are agencies and supports you can work with to find a good place and to make arrangements to support yourself (get disability or other aid), get transport set up, medical care, etc. If you are not able to do all of this by yourself it is OK to ask others for help. Even the ones you live with might be helpful in assisting you to get everything you need for such an arrangement. Wishing you all the best as you work through it.

Thanks. I doubt they are willing to do therapy. They are never wrong. But they might help me move. I'll explore the options your presented.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 1:02 pm

I have a feeling that my family feels that way about me. I'm glad that I live on my own. I'd live on the streets before I give up my German stuff.