Holy crap, Vancouver area real estate I could buy/flip!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 3:17 pm

My dad spotted an ad for a couple of burial plots in a suburban cemetary. 2 plots with cement liners and 2 bronze plaques.. says valued at $33,000.00 (that may be current price but probably not what they paid long ago) and for sale for.. $5k. 8O

Plots in this area of this cemetery sell for around $5800-7600 each. (not sure where they're getting $33k from if the current market price I can google for resale plots is around $6k? wtf?)

This might be the most flipable real estate in the entire region! Buy for $5k, do nothing, post for sale for $12k ??? Profit! :lol:

We know the plots in this cemetery sell for $6k-ish as my parents have been monitoring it.. they have a couple plots they're going to sell because they've decided to be cremated and not bother with burials and none of us kids care to own them for our formaldehyde infused bodies to slowly contaminate the ground.

I might just have to call/email and see if they're still for sale.. seems strange that they're listed so cheap - if it's legit and not a typo, maybe they're already sold ? But if it's legit and they're not sold.. maybe I should snap them up ?

Who cares if they take a while to sell, doubling one's money is doubling one's money.. and people are always dying for these things. Heh. (Although with the local population choosing cremation and urns over burials, demand might not be sky high.. but then again, the population here is exploding, and there are certainly still a lot of 'put me in the ground,' type religious people. I could probably put a post it note on the bulletin board of my grandmother's old church and re-sell these plots pretty quickly. Hmmmmmm.. I also wonder if it could in any way be a scam ? Guess I'd have to double check with the cemetery to make sure it's a legit real deal.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:52 am

I heard Bill Gates was planning to buy a 3 bedroom house there but he was priced out of the market.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:20 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I heard Bill Gates was planning to buy a 3 bedroom house there but he was priced out of the market.

Could be!

I recently read an article about some building downtown on Hornby Street that's renting 1 bedrooms for $2800/mo and 2 bedrooms start at $6500/mo. Wtf.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 4:10 pm

Your parents switched to cremation because they're sick of your ass coming over. :wink: :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 6:29 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Your parents switched to cremation because they're sick of your ass coming over. :wink: :lol:

Mmhmm.. I rent from them and live at their house. They expect me to come over pretty much daily. I don’t have $1.7M for my own house.

I moved there when I needed their help. They’ve since needed mine with my dad’s failing health/terminal cancer.

I might be moving to give a home to one of my Godsons, where I’d rent a place - ideally a whole house and then Airbnb or sublet half. But otherwise me sticking around paying rent helps pay the property taxes etc.