Canadian school defends teacher's ridiculous fake breasts

Page 8 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 10:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
It supports my premise that people, especially teenagers, are going to start playing around with the anything goes system.

It's not an anything-goes system.
It's a "be respectful" system.
Be respectful in the way you dress at school / work.
Be respectful of people's identity.
Care about others.

None of that says "anything goes" or "be reckless".

That's what it's supposed to be. But it morphed into how unique, different, unconventional ie strange and bizarre one can be and have people root for it and defend it.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 12:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
You saying this is a rorshach's test? Every case deserves to be heard out.

Do you know the expression "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"? Sometimes a man in a wig with giant fake tits is exactly that, and the inability to recognize it is telling.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 12:25 am

I still wanna see someone teach with huge fake balls.
Maybe it could be a PE teacher, with no jockstrap.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 1:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
You saying this is a rorshach's test? Every case deserves to be heard out.

Do you know the expression "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"? Sometimes a man in a wig with giant fake tits is exactly that, and the inability to recognize it is telling.

I prefer these to things to be judged in a civil court rather than the court of public opinion.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 7:43 am

cyberdad wrote:

I prefer these to things to be judged in a civil court rather than the court of public opinion.

Unless they don't come out the way you want, in which case you'll cry that the judge was biased and the system was rigged, right?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 8:21 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Unless they don't come out the way you want, in which case you'll cry that the judge was biased and the system was rigged, right?

Big boobs dude's future as a teacher is up to the authorities, The question boils down to his intent. Why not let the courts decide if the school is allowed to police his choices.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 9:50 am

This has nothing to do with civil court.
It would be investigated by a panel of the Ontario College of Teachers Disciplinary Review Committee.

At present she is in Good Standing and she's not in the blue pages (listing people under investigation).

The steps are that she could be warned, put on probation, fined up to $5000, or if she were to have multiple violations she might lose her Ontario teaching licence -- generally up to two years but it could also be revoked permanently.

If she wanted to go farther, she could take it to a Divisional Court within OCT.
At worst I suppose it could go to a Human Rights Tribunal.

It's not criminal to wear prothetic breasts.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 9:58 am

Are we sure "she" is the proper gender pronoun?

And while it's not criminal to wear a lot of things, a lot of things are inappropriate for a school teacher to wear.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:04 am

In the 20th century a male teacher who wore his shirt half tucked in, and half tucked out, would be summarily fired in virtually every school system on the planet. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:04 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

To be honest no I'm not sure.
But, based on (her) documented name change and media stories which say she/her, I think so.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:32 am

Things got more relaxed in the 1970s---but what Natualplastic said is mostly true.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:38 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

And while it's not criminal to wear a lot of things, a lot of things are inappropriate for a school teacher to wear.

I know an Ontario teacher who socked an adolescent boy in the face.

She was on paid leave during the investigation.

Then she got transferred to a different school.

I don't know enough about what the disciplinary findings were.

Unions are very powerful at protecting these people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:40 am

Yep. They are powerful in NYC, too.

Many teachers who are being investigated are kept in "rubber rooms" for years.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
In the 20th century a male teacher who wore his shirt half tucked in, and half tucked out, would be summarily fired in virtually every school system on the planet. :lol:

And one who let his dick or balls hang out in class would likely be brought up on charges.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 10:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

To be honest no I'm not sure.
But, based on (her) documented name change and media stories which say she/her, I think so.

I didn't see any such info in the OP. Other articles I've skimmed have been sketchy as far as personal details go.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 2:56 pm

https://www.insauga.com/school-board-wo ... -clothing/

An Oakville high school teacher, whose provocative clothing garnered attention from around the world, will be able to stay on the job and not have to conform to a dress code.

The news comes as the Halton District School Board (HDSB) issued a report that recommends against adopting a system-wide dress code over fears of legal implications and human rights violations. The report will be presented to the full board at a meeting tonight (Nov. 9)

Board officials have been investigating the issue since Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher Kayla Lemieux sparked debate and protests over what teachers can wear in the classroom.

Photos of Lemieux, who is transgender, have appeared online and were covered extensively by international media in September. The photos showed her wearing oversized prosthetic breasts and tight tops.

Back then, the board considered the dress code, but now is backing away.