24 Sep 2022, 10:50 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Do you have any citation for that?

It's a world wide problem in every western country...take your pick

Here's just one of hundreds of articles of this issue of double standards in relation hair policy in schools
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -tied-back

Don't be so obviously slippery. Do you have any citation proving your claim that girl's hair style is not permitted in her school?

Are you incapable of googling double standards in hair policing?? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... uk-schools

Just google it, it's a world wide problem in schools.

I'm more interested in watching you trying to squirm your way out of admmitting you posted yet another falsehood.

And where in those articles does it say a white kid can wear dreadlocks or a "skin fade" but black kids can't? Because that would actually be a double standard. And ironically when I googled "skin fade" I got a bunch of images of WHITE men.

I certainly don't see any examples of the perfectly ordinary hairstyle that girl was wearing being banned in any school.

What are you, a lawyer. You really are not trying and want me to do all the work

Google it. White female students are permitted to grow their hair as long as they want so long as they can tie it back, That rule was catering for straight hair.
When school segregation ended, the rule was then blanket rule was then applied to black male and female students. the problem is that their natural hair isn't able to be tied back when grown naturally. So only they are forced to cut their hair.

I know you are trying to twist this by claiming I am "squirming: when all I am doing is merely demonstrating that schools have been unnecessarily policing human bodies now for years.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 11:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
What are you, a lawyer. You really are not trying and want me to do all the work

Google it. White female students are permitted to grow their hair as long as they want so long as they can tie it back, That rule was catering for straight hair.
When school segregation ended, the rule was then blanket rule was then applied to black male and female students.

Evidence please?
cyberdad wrote:
the problem is that their natural hair isn't able to be tied back when grown naturally. So only they are forced to cut their hair.

How is it possible that you've gone 54 years without seeing a black person with their natural long hair tied back?

In what school is this hair style banned as you clamed?:

cyberdad wrote:
I know you are trying to twist this by claiming I am "squirming: when all I am doing is merely demonstrating that schools have been unnecessarily policing human bodies now for years.

Yes schools have dress and grooming codes that apply to all students. I know the woke thing is to clamor for virtually no guidelines or rules whatsoever along those lines by claiming it's racist and phobic etc.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 11:49 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Both girls are wearing their natural hair. But one is not permitted and the other is. That's totally unfair.

This is how it works:

Yes I do. The girl pictured is Zulaikha Patel. A South African anti-racism activist. She became a symbol of the fight against Pretoria Girls High School's policy regarding black girls' hair in 2016, at the age of 13. She and her classmates held a demonstration that led to not only a change in school policy, but also an inquiry into allegations of racism at the school. She is quoted as saying: “Asking me to change my hair is like asking me to erase my blackness."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulaikha_Patel

Apparently other people do have to do your research for you. Would you like to put me on a retainer to help you out with such demanding tasks in the future?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:00 am

I know policing hair is not the same as wearing fake boobs but I did say that any edicts schools make is a slippery slope

I used to work in a corporate office that just made up rules as they went along about physical body modification.

For example one girl was allowed to wear 6 earrings along her ear lobe, It looked ridiculous but it was a trend at the time among young women so was accepted. When an Indian female wore a nose ring she was asked to remove it. When I enquired out of curiosity what the difference was I was told a nose-ring is not culturally acceptable in a corporate environment but she was welcome to put it on outside the office. I knew this was BS...they didn't like it so made up the rules.

Schools are in the same business of letting somethings slip by and not others. I am sure if there are female teachers with fake boobs currently teaching, Do school adminstrators take out measuring tape to determine if the bust size is < minimum?? we know it's in the eye of the beholder. I've seen schools where female teachers have blue, red or purple hair, I know there's a saying - blue hair don't care day. How does that get past but other things don't??

All of this is a rorshachs test for implicit bias, nothing more.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
I know policing hair is not the same as wearing fake boobs but I did say that any edicts schools make is a slippery slope

I used to work in a corporate office that just made up rules as they went along about physical body modification.

For example one girl was allowed to wear 6 earrings along her ear lobe, It looked ridiculous but it was a trend at the time among young women so was accepted. When an Indian female wore a nose ring she was asked to remove it. When I enquired out of curiosity what the difference was I was told a nose-ring is not culturally acceptable in a corporate environment but she was welcome to put it on outside the office. I knew this was BS...they didn't like it so made up the rules.

If a white person was allowed to wear a nose ring while an Indian person wasn't, then you'd have an equivalency.

cyberdad wrote:
Schools are in the same business of letting somethings slip by and not others. I am sure if there are female teachers with fake boobs currently teaching, Do school adminstrators take out measuring tape to determine if the bust size is < minimum?? we know it's in the eye of the beholder. I've seen schools where female teachers have blue, red or purple hair, I know there's a saying - blue hair don't care day. How does that get past but other things don't??

It was a guy wearing novelty joke breasts that in no way are supposed to look real. It's pretty much the same as a teacher wearing other novelty items like a Frankenstein mask or a chicken suit.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:26 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
[
If a white person was allowed to wear a nose ring while an Indian person wasn't, then you'd have an equivalency.

Valid point on the grounds of race, but it doesn't invalidate what I said about making up rules. One girl wears multiple ear rings on one ear lobe (punk style) and one wears a nose ring, aesthetically the nose ring at least looks pleasant, The other doesn't. But then they make the rules.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:28 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It was a guy wearing novelty joke breasts that in no way are supposed to look real. It's pretty much the same as a teacher wearing other novelty items like a Frankenstein mask or a chicken suit.

That's why I said, it depends on what the reasons were. If they were purely for sexual kink then it's innapropriate. If it's part of their identity then it's a matter of the school negotiating with the teacher.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
[

Valid point on the grounds of race, but it doesn't invalidate what I said about making up rules. One girl wears multiple ear rings on one ear lobe (punk style) and one wears a nose ring, aesthetically the nose ring at least looks pleasant, The other doesn't. But then they make the rules.

What do you mean by a company making up rules? Are their rules supposed to pass through congress and the senate first?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

That's why I said, it depends on what the reasons were. If they were purely for sexual kink then it's innapropriate. If it's part of their identity then it's a matter of the school negotiating with the teacher.

So if a teacher identifies as otherkin, should they be allowed to wear an animal costume? That's the kind of lunacy wokeness is headed in. What's appropriate and inappropriate is continually being redefined.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:50 am

cyberdad wrote:

Every sentence in this post is pure nonsense.
If there is a "slippery slope" then its sloping and causing slipping in the opposite direction from the issue that you claim to be worried about. In the Fifties, or Seventies, or Nineties, any teacher (male or female) who wore silly giant novelty boobs to work even once would have been summarily fired. Its the toleration of that behavior, not the forbidding of it that is novel. So the trend ("the direction of the slope") is toward tolerance. Not toward intolerance. So if the slope is "slippery" its toward allowing even more outrageous behavior, not toward forbidding less outrageous behavior.

The next thing is that the school system will be forced to allow male teachers to come to work dressed like those New Guinea tribesmen in the above video (naked with 15 inch long penis gourds).

The next thing would NOT be the school system forbidding something that is now acceptable (like a teacher wearing punk style dyed pink hair).

Corporate 'offices' owned by private companies are allowed to make up rules. Allowed to make them up on the fly. And if a nose ring is more disruptive to a work environment than six ear rings then ...its more disruptive. So the private company has a right to disallow the nose ring, but allow the fad ear ring.

And so what if it IS 'a Rorschach" inkblot test for collective bias? If the behavior is disruptive to group then it is dirsuptive to the group, and its functioning and can justifiably be banned- to promote the effectiveness of the group ( be it a school, or a corporation).

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

It's a world wide problem in every western country...take your pick

Here's just one of hundreds of articles of this issue of double standards in relation hair policy in schools
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -tied-back

Hair styles have been an issue of contention for years in schools. Most of the times I hear about these problems it's almost always against white students and almost always because they done something to their hair to make it distracting.

Having a massive afro which is way bigger than it needs to be reminds me of what it might be like to go to the cinema with Marge Simpson on the row in front. I can see why the school insisted to tie it back.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:37 pm

Some of this discussion really reminds me of my early job experience, when tattoos and piercings were frowned upon and generally seen as marks of low class that would actually keep you out of respectable jobs. I can vividly recall my shock when I got a temp job at Microsoft working on the first XBOX prerelease (I can make a credible claim to having once been a top 10 world Halo player back when less than 100 people had played it), when all of the highly paid software guys were inked and pierced and wearing their hair in various unnatural shades and styles, little did I know that I was looking at the future.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:49 pm

My how times have changed.

The boobs aren't the problem for that teacher.
It's the nipples and the bad bra.

Welcome to sexism against women.
We've dealt with this all our lives in one form or another.

I know flat-chested women who were reprimanded for not wearing bras at work, especially if their nips showed.

I know a woman who gained a lot of weight and her tops were tight.
It made her skirts ride up shorter.
She was reprimanded and told she could be fired if she didn't buy new clothes.

Teachers here aren't even allowed to wear open-toed sandals.
It's an insurance risk in case they drop something on their feet.

Some schools forbid students and teachers from colouring their hair or having piercings.

I don't think the person's transgenderism or their boob size is the issue.
It's about looking professional for a job.

My friend taught in a Catholic school district and wasn't allowed to tell them she got divorced / remarried.
She refused to change her name in case they found out.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Exactly.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Exactly.

Even though this teacher is trolling, the school and school board are making the correct move in not criticising this 'trans woman's,' choice of prosthetics because they know they can't set the precedent that they're going to be policing trans employees' bodies. This, of course, is the goal of the troll.. but still, the school/board are making the correct move by consistently being supportive and just letting time pass until this person moves along to a new Province and school.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:11 pm

How do they move to a new province?

Their licence is only valid in Ontario. (Yes, I looked it up.)