I really don't want the US to become a Christian Theocracy

Page 1 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 11:04 am

It's bad enough living in the Bible Belt, it's going to be even more dreadful if those Republicans actually succeed in turning the whole country into a 'Christian Nation'.

They could actually bring back the sodomy laws and heretic burnings for all we know. And I guarantee you many of these people are hoping for this.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 11:26 am

Christian Nation with a side of Oligarchy.

The religious hypocrisy would be baffling.

Preaching the teachings of Christ, BUT...
Catering to the wealthy with one hand, dishing out Old Testament style punishments to everyone else with the other.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 11:34 am

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 11:39 am

Yeah I agree, American Christians worship a God of Capitalism, not Love and Mercy.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 11:57 am

Christian theocracies aren't so bad. Better than an Islamic one surely?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:01 pm

Mikah wrote:

Nope. I don't want to be burned at the stake for being both gay AND a 'heretic'.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

Seems a bit dramatic.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:20 pm

Why should I be forced to convert to a religion that i don't believe in and will punish me for not converting?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:33 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Nope. I don't want to be burned at the stake for being both gay AND a 'heretic'.

Imagine being a woman on top of that. You'd be screwed no matter what you did. Gilead style.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Imagine being a woman on top of that. You'd be screwed no matter what you did. Gilead style.

Well being homosexual and a non-Christian makes me at best 2/3.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm

Plus law enforcement in the southern states is practically state-sponsored terrorism.

Fornication should not be illegal. If anything, it should be mandatory.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 5:05 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
It's bad enough living in the Bible Belt, it's going to be even more dreadful if those Republicans actually succeed in turning the whole country into a 'Christian Nation'.

They could actually bring back the sodomy laws and heretic burnings for all we know. And I guarantee you many of these people are hoping for this.

You feel like that because you have something missing deep down in your heart and you don't know how to fill it. Many people feel like that and rebel against whatever it is they feel is hurting them.

Is like avoiding doctors. The doctors do not purposly want to harm you in any way, but you go on hating them and what they do because when they try to heal you it hurts.

Am I touching on what is happening?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 5:48 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

You feel like that because you have something missing deep down in your heart and you don't know how to fill it. Many people feel like that and rebel against whatever it is they feel is hurting them.

Is like avoiding doctors. The doctors do not purposly want to harm you in any way, but you go on hating them and what they do because when they try to heal you it hurts.

Not really, and some 'doctors' are just quacks you know...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:12 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Haha. (Not sure what a quack is... A duck? But I can guess it is a negative term).

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:25 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Haha. (Not sure what a quack is... A duck? But I can guess it is a negative term).

It's basically a doctor who pretends to know more about medical science than they actually do. Selling bogus 'cures', misdiagnosing their patients, etc.

I think that the same sort of thing can be applied to spiritual doctors, and that includes these Christian leaders today who worship money and power. But then again I get the feeling they've always cared only for money and power.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:37 pm

Some do. Some don't. Some are very genuine and caring. Others are not. Is how life is.