Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 7:50 pm

Well, here it is! :lol: Clearly a woman's topic.

Lack of decent sleep is my biggest gripe. I can't drink anymore - neither alcohol nor caffeine of any kind - or I'm wide awake at 3am, staring at the ceiling. Or sneaking back downstairs to go online. :lol:

Gripe number two: SuperPlus is NOT enough!! !!

Somebody else jump in and keep this thread going.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 8:23 pm

You know what I hate about premenopause? The crazy cycles...no more 28 days for me! One cycle maybe 15, next cycle 60. Makes it hard to plan.

computerwidow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2005, 11:52 pm

Doctors had been telling me since I was 23 that I needed to have a hysterectomy. I was determined that I was not going to do it until I absolutely had to. So, in my 40s, I reached the premenopause stage, with irregular cycles and poor shedding of the uterine lining (the tissue built up and was painful) right during the time I needed to be helping my dad during treatment for his terminal cancer. It was the first time I regretted not having had the hysterectomy earlier, since I really needed to be there for my dad. After Dad died, I finally had the hysterectomy but kept my ovaries. I still seem to be producing enough hormones that I'm afraid I might have been dealing with irregular menstruation for a long time yet to come. Still I will have to deal with the hormonal changes -- not fun.

computerwidow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2005, 10:35 pm

I think this thread is kind of a probe to see if there is interest in discussing this kind of issue. And I think that perhaps the vast majority of participants at WrongPlanet are younger than the age at which we become concerned about this topic. If anyone is reading this thread and interested in more discussion but not sure just what to post, please at least post a "Yo!" so we can learn whether there is interest in this kind of discussion.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 10:45 pm

Just post whatever you want.

I've had some symptoms a while ago, getting drenched with sweat in seconds (in a shop and people notice!), lotsa sleep problems (but I have them anyway). I started having a three day period about 10 years ago and it's still like that. I've never been great at recording timings so I'm not sure if the cycle length is changing. Lately I can't say I've had many symptoms.

Definitely having problems tolerating alcohol at all - I used to like a few quiet ones a couple of times a week, but I can't even cope with that now. So, since they decriminalised marijuana here last year, I bought some lights and grew my own this year.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2005, 12:04 am

am very interested in this topic, but find the whole fertility/menopause issue extremely difficult, on a personal level (for a variety of ghastly reasons), so not sure what to say. however, can recommend reading gernaine greer's "The Change", cos it's brilliant (i luuurve germaine), and can also recommend herbal stuff for alleviation of symptoms, although i ain't qualified, so you pays yer money and you takes yer choice ;)

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2005, 6:33 am

I get quite bad PMS so am not looking forward to "the change". Hopefully, I've got a few years yet.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

computerwidow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2005, 12:13 pm

PMS has been less of a problem for me now that I'm older. I think that my estrogen got so high mid-cycle, and then dropped so low at PMS time, that my body was having trouble coping with the constant roller-coaster ride. Now I'm not making so much estrogen, and things are actually a little better.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 7:38 pm

I've been doing much better since I started progesterone cream twice a day. It stopped the night sweats completely, and evened out my moods.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2007, 10:23 pm

Good topic. I had a hysterectomy about four years ago, and am now having the irritability, night sweats, and mood swings. I have recently started using Progesterone cream, and plan on having labs to measure estrogen and progesterone levels. I do feel calmer.

Taken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2007, 8:23 pm

OMG the hot flashes. It feels like heat is radiating off of me...it's suffocating and everyone else says "It feels comfortable in here to me". I have been fighting insomnia off and on for a month or so. Cycles have been all over the place for 6 months or more. And leg cramps...horrid leg cramps night after night...is that typical of preM? I have no clue what is causing the leg cramps I have tried drinking more water eating bananas wearing different shoes, calf stretches.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 6:44 am

I'm starting to get the irregular cycles and am more moody but not getting any other symptoms so hope that I'm not going through menopause just yet.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon