Complaint about my friends from females?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:36 am

One of my friends last night who is in his late 40s was told to leave the establishment by door security for being to drunk. Allegedly it was some young ladies who reported him to door security.

When I have been drunk before in bars and nightclubs it would usually be young women who would make a complaint about me to the doorman.

Do you think it unfair how males bouncers always take sides with the ladies?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:43 am

It's unfair if the females who reported him were just as drunk or if a male reported a female and the doorman didn't do anything about it.

I've been turned away from bars for being too drunk to get in and I've probably been kicked out of them for being too drunk as well but it would have been in my teens, not my 40's.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:44 am

So you didn't actually talk to the women who had you thrown out?
What kind of behaviour were you doing?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:50 am

klanka wrote:
So you didn't actually talk to the women who had you thrown out?
What kind of behaviour were you doing?

Off topic there was incident in the North of England were this man was banned from his local bar/club because the women there made complaints about him saying "He looked creepy" .

Talk about discrimination right?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:52 am

lol , thats something new for me. Ive never heard of that happening until now. I can imagine that being quite the insult for getting thrown out for that reason.

It is bad that someone can be banned for that

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 9:09 am

klanka wrote:
lol , thats something new for me. Ive never heard of that happening until now. I can imagine that being quite the insult for getting thrown out for that reason.

4-5 years ago I tried to get into this very crowded nightclub. There was some girls from my social group in front of me who I kind of new quite well and predictably they had no issues getting in. I was in the line on my own and the security man rudely said to me "right you stay there" and he then asked me a few questions. He asked me to lift my trainers up and he said "sorry we can't let you in we do not except that brand of shoe in this club"

Do you think he treated me unfair? To be fair I was not in the best of moods that night and probably appeared on edge.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 9:21 am

Jamesy wrote:
One of my friends last night who is in his late 40s was told to leave the establishment by door security for being to drunk. Allegedly it was some young ladies who reported him to door security.

When I have been drunk before in bars and nightclubs it would usually be young women who would make a complaint about me to the doorman.

Do you think it unfair how males bouncers always take sides with the ladies?

When I was younger my female friend who's almost certainly a 10 out of 10 used to get kicked out of clubs for being too drunk. A few times I've had to carry her back to the car, often with a bit of shunting because she was planning to do something stupid like abuse police officers.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 9:26 am

Sounds like me. Except for the 10/10 part.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 11:03 am

Jamesy wrote:
klanka wrote:

4-5 years ago I tried to get into this very crowded nightclub. There was some girls from my social group in front of me who I kind of new quite well and predictably they had no issues getting in. I was in the line on my own and the security man rudely said to me "right you stay there" and he then asked me a few questions. He asked me to lift my trainers up and he said "sorry we can't let you in we do not except that brand of shoe in this club"

Do you think he treated me unfair? To be fair I was not in the best of moods that night and probably appeared on edge.

That sounds like a very fussy place. I suppose it was crowded, or maybe they were pranking you.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 11:17 am

klanka wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
klanka wrote:

That sounds like a very fussy place. I suppose it was crowded, or maybe they were pranking you.

Who was pranking me?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm

Are they taking sides with the ladies or just obeying the law Or protecting the bar's $$?

Here, it's technically illegal to be drunk in a bar.. so if someone's wasted, they can refuse service and kick you out just for that.

As for the $$, if paying customers are complaining about One customer being a drunken nuisance, why wouldn't you expect the doormen to kick the one problem person out so that the others all stay and spend money? :? Business is business.. mess with the money = gtfo.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Are they taking sides with the ladies or just obeying the law Or protecting the bar's $$?

Here, it's technically illegal to be drunk in a bar.. so if someone's wasted, they can refuse service and kick you out just for that.

As for the $$, if paying customers are complaining about One customer being a drunken nuisance, why wouldn't you expect the doormen to kick the one problem person out so that the others all stay and spend money? :? Business is business.. mess with the money = gtfo.

Well how about giving him a warning about his behaviour instead of being quick to kick him out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 12:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Well how about giving him a warning about his behaviour instead of being quick to kick him out.

That's not how it works in that business. If he's too drunk to legally be there and they don't want to deal with him, gtfo. If he's getting complaints and the bar is going to lose other customers, gtfo. There's no time to waste with warning as the bar could be fined or lose customers. That'll be that guys lesson not to get so drunk and get himself kicked out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:24 pm

I stay away from bars because they suck.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I stay away from bars because they suck.

Yep, usually they do, agreed. With the age of hookup apps I dunno why people bother going to bars and spending time and money trying to pick people up to get laid when they can just make a few swipes and clicks on an app and avoid the whole bar scene entirely.

Now, for parties or special occasions they still serve their purpose I suppose. But for the stereotypical mission of trying to find someone to go to bed with? Waste of time & money, imo.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:42 pm

Wow that's terrible those gay blokes were being pushy. I'm glad I'm big so I don't get that stuff. Even when they flirt I don't like it.