Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 11:22 am

Swastika-wearing ex-pupil kills 15 in Russian school shooting

Quote:
A gunman with a swastika on his teeshirt killed 15 people, including 11 children, and wounded 24 at a school in Russia on Monday before committing suicide, investigators said.

The attacker, a man in his early thirties who was named by authorities as Artem Kazantsev, killed two security guards and then opened fire on students and teachers at School Number 88 in Izhevsk, where he had once been a pupil.

Russia's Investigative Committee, which handles major crimes, said it was looking into the perpetrator's suspected neo-Nazi links.

Investigators released a video showing the man's body lying in a classroom with overturned furniture and papers strewn on the bloodstained floor. He was dressed all in black, with a red swastika in a circle drawn on his teeshirt.

The Investigative Committee said that of the 24 people wounded, all but two were children. Regional governor Alexander Brechalov said surgeons had carried out a number of operations.

He said the attacker had been registered with a "psycho-neurological" treatment facility. Investigators said the man was armed with two pistols and a large supply of ammunition.

He said doctors, psychologists and neurosurgeons had been sent on Putin's orders to the location of the shooting in Izhevsk, about 970 km (600 miles) east of Moscow.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 1:39 pm

Maybe the Russian people really are ready to embrace a more Western way of life, after all.

Although, I'd highly recommend they emulate America in totally different ways. Like maybe eat and drink too much, get fat and watch football - not exactly healthy, but much less lethal.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 2:04 pm

Convenient timing, with the Russians painting the Ukrainians as Nazis and all.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm

Dox47 wrote:

I noticed that too.

100% if I were Russia and putin told me this guy was a Nazi I’d be like “G damn son, conscript me now!” Lol

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 3:11 am

From what I read it's not being framed like that. The guy was a Columbine sympathizer, had 2 guns like them, and was a diagnosed schizo.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 3:55 am

Dox47 wrote:

The gunman could be Ukrainian

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm

This is all I dug up
he governor of Udmurtia, Alexander Brechalov, said the gunman, who he said was registered as a patient at a psychiatric facility, killed himself after the attack. He was later identified as a local man born in 1988, who graduated from the school.