Page 39 of 97 [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 97  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 12:02 pm

Oh right, I thought you meant me!

Yes. Such biatches. And my daughter was a delicate, unwell child who struggled, she deserved all the fun she could get.

I told her that the parties were being held somewhere she didn't like, or with food she didn't like or something similar. Anyway, she had lots of other friends and was always being invited to other parties. Those biatchy women didn't have much influence and were unpopular.

I once didn't talk to a woman for 6 years because she kept criticising my baby. Who criticises a baby FFS. Talk about nasty!

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 12:27 pm

KitLily wrote:
AprilR wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Where is this big pool of 'best people'? :?

I never get that either. Its like those people are just waiting somewhere but no one tells How to find them.

In response to you,
I am feeling a bit tired and burned out atm. My job is not going well, apparently i work too slow even though i am older and more experienced than my coworkers. Its probably processing speed, my undiagnosed adhd and asd messing with my performance but Somehow no one notices those and they all think i am super intelligent. I am tired from trying to fulfill expectations. Thank you for caring about me.

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand because I get the same, where people think I'm super intelligent. I often get called 'Professor' and 'the Oracle' for some reason. Then when I make a stupid mistake or have a meltdown or don't understand something, people love to jump on that and mock me horribly. I don't understand why.

Is there anyone you can talk to at work about your situation? Like an HR manager or someone? Although I know these days workplaces are very uncaring and competitive so it might be hard to find a sympathetic one.

You're welcome.

It is so frustrating to have a hidden disability. I think they probably think i am lazy and irresponsible while the truth is i have concentration and processing problems.

Thank you again, but Sadly the only person i could talk is my employer in rrgards to that and if i were to tell my difficulties he would just fire me. Although maybe that would be better i am not sure anymore.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 5:40 pm

Why people jump to assuming that I'm secretly seeing someone whenever I mention a friend that they don't know. "I have plans to hang out with X,Y,Z..." "Oh, Y? I don't know that name. Anything you care to tell? :wink: "

...My life isn't that exciting. Calm down. :lol:

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2022, 2:18 pm

One thing I don't get is how people, be they of very low,average, or very high intelligence, can be cognitively consistent. I've never been like that from as far back as I can remember.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 2:36 am

How non binary people can claim to be gay or lesbian. I mean lesbian means when a female likes only other females and gay is when a male only likes other males. But because non binary is neither, how can they be gay or lesbian?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 9:54 am

I don't get why so many young people today want to be communist. Yeah I get that capitalism isn't working for them, but why do they think communism will be any better?

These people can be such tools. :roll:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 11:18 am

firemonkey wrote:
One thing I don't get is how people, be they of very low,average, or very high intelligence, can be cognitively consistent. I've never been like that from as far back as I can remember.

What is 'cognitively consistent'?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 12:07 pm

I don't get why people think you must spend the holidays with family members if you don't get along with them. You don't have to be with anyone if all they do is make you miserable, including family members, and society needs to stop forcing this stale Christmas special nonsense down people's throats like a rancid fruit cake every year. In real life there won't be any elves or Santa and definitely no guardian angels to save you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 12:24 pm

I don't get why people are unable to agree to disagree these days, especially when it comes to life issues.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 1:25 pm

KitLily wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

There's very little,if any, fluctuation in their ability to think . I have days when my thinking is really good , and days when it's like my brain has been covered in thick sludge.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 3:37 pm

firemonkey wrote:
KitLily wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

There's very little,if any, fluctuation in their ability to think . I have days when my thinking is really good , and days when it's like my brain has been covered in thick sludge.

Blimey, me too! Some days my brain is superpowered, other days I struggle to think. Like when I was pregnant, my brain more or less stopped working, I could barely even form a sentence.

Imagine having the same brain function every day! I did meet one person like that once, about 20 years ago.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 8:01 pm

KitLily wrote:

Blimey, me too! Some days my brain is superpowered, other days I struggle to think.

I think I know what you mean. Some days I wake up and everything just flows at it should, whereas other days I feel as though I'm thinking through a fog. It can feel as though I've been replaced for the day when I have a day where everything just clicks somehow. There are bad days, OK days, good days and bizarrely good days. I've wondered for a while why this occurs. On such days it almost feels as if my head is buzzing. It's a nice sensation. Tends to come with a lot of nervous energy though. I think it has something to do with being in a elevated mood, though it can be difficult to pinpoint the cause of such a feeling.

League_Girl wrote:
How non binary people can claim to be gay or lesbian. I mean lesbian means when a female likes only other females and gay is when a male only likes other males. But because non binary is neither, how can they be gay or lesbian?

There's a bit of a debate within the community regarding how the terms gay and lesbian should be used and defined. Originally, the term gay was only used to refer to men with interest in other men. However, over the years people started using the word gay when discussing women who are interested in other women. In contrast, the word lesbian has remained gendered. Due to their different origins, the word gay is a verb whereas lesbian is a noun.

Sappho was a poet who lived on the Island of Lesbos. Most notably famous for her poetry about other women. Unfortunately, her work was considered sacrilegious and it was destroyed. Fragments remain. However, she certainly made a significant impact on the world. Originally the word lesbian meant someone from the Island of Lesbos. However, it became a slang term to mean a woman who shows interest in other women - a fan or follower of Sappho's work. There's been a fair amount of debate regarding Sappho's sexuality. She also wrote poetry about men. It is a significant possibility that Sappho may have been bisexual, however others argue that she may have felt pressured to write poetry about men so we can't be certain. Then there's even more debate regarding whether we should or shouldn't be labelling historical figures.

Generally, we think of the word lesbian to mean a woman exclusively attracted to other women. The exclusive part of the definition wasn't added until later as the word developed. Some argue that we should drop that part and go back to previous definitions.

It should be noted that some people use gay as an umbrella term. Some people who are bisexual may refer to themselves as gay despite experiencing attraction to the opposite sex. Now this one is a pretty divisive topic. Whether gay should only be used to refer to exclusive attraction, or whether it should be a more broad term. It brings up questions such as if one or both people in a relationship are bisexual and the same sex, should they still be referred to as a gay couple? What about as a lesbian couple? Some people prefer to identify their relationship as queer or simply not straight due to this reason. Queer is definitely a controversial one, it was originally an insult but has since been reclaimed, but not everyone in the community is on board with this reclamation.

When you consider the word gay as the broadest umbrella term possible, aka anyone who isn't straight, then someone who is non-binary would fit into this definition. There is no direct opposite gender in that situation, therefore it cannot fit into the straight category. However, if you consider the term gay as one that refers to exclusive attraction to the same gender, then it doesn't fit into that either. Similar issue with bisexual. How exactly you define a relationship with a non-binary person comes into question. Not straight seems to be the most fitting. Some people decide not to use labels at all and just date.

Since the word lesbian is still fairly gendered, that one is a little trickier to explain. I've seen people argue that lesbian should be defined as a non-man loving non-man but that's a clunky definition at best.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:45 pm

I don't get why that woman at the very end of the Daisy sour cream commercial has to look like she's frisky.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 5:08 am

I don't get why, when Person A tells me that Person B has been nasty to them and hurt them in some way, and I say 'that's not very nice, Person B must be a horrible person to do that to you.'

Then Person A either starts defending Person B. Or they run to Person B and say 'Kitlily said you were were a horrible person.' And don't mention it was them who was complaining in the first place.

So I'm learning to just sympathise with Person A now and not mention Person B. But I still don't get it. Person A was hurt by Person B, so why did they suddenly take their side and defend them?

People are weird.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 7:40 am

People seem to have so many emotional interactions with each other which are largely beyond my comprehension. I prefer to keep interactions with others logical and factual. Emotions just get in the way and seemingly cause many complications.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 7:56 am

I don't get why men can say whatever graphic thing they like, while women have to be ladylike. That's old-fashioned and dumb.