Page 40 of 97 [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 97  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:32 pm

Radish wrote:
People seem to have so many emotional interactions with each other which are largely beyond my comprehension. I prefer to keep interactions with others logical and factual. Emotions just get in the way and seemingly cause many complications.

^I would prefer that but as a woman it is impossible. I try to be logical and factual but that is not acceptable for a woman. I am seen as too blunt, too rude, too cold, even too manly, whatever that is. Women are supposed to be all soft and fluffy and understand all the subtle moods and hints and what different facial expressions mean. But I don't.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:44 pm

I don't get why people can't spell "losing" properly. Instead they're always spelling it "loosing". I guess they're too lazy to bother spelling it correctly, or they're poorly educated.

I worry that if I make just one spelling error while online, I'll end up paying for it with my life. :(

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:46 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't get why people can't spell "losing" properly. Instead they're always spelling it "loosing". I guess they're too lazy to bother spelling it correctly, or they're poorly educated.

I worry that if I make just one spelling error while online, I'll end up paying for it with my life. :(

When I was ten I used the word "believe" in a story at school.
My teacher circled it in red and said it was supposed to be "beleive".
I didn't .. believe her.

She made me write it a bunch of times in cursive, pointing out the three loops "ele" in the middle.

I still think of that every time I spell it the right way (with "lie" in the middle).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 5:24 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I didn't .. believe her.

She made me write it a bunch of times in cursive, pointing out the three loops "ele" in the middle.

I still think of that every time I spell it the right way (with "lie" in the middle).

Your teacher was a true bee- LAY-ver! :lol:

She musta known that it's "i before e except after c, and when sounding like a as in neighbor, and weigh".

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 6:27 pm

I don't get why some people like to start trouble.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 6:37 pm

Quote:
Things I Don't Get

Sleep. :tired:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 6:43 pm

Lip implants/enhancement.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 6:52 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

"on here" and "anyways" are my pet peeves.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 7:59 pm

the women who go through a whole 9mo pregnancy without knowing at all until they start giving birth to a 8 pound baby
not even having a bump even if they are thin
i know i was thin when i was pregnant but my bump was so big you would think i had triplets in there

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:04 pm

I don't get why nobody else in the world is bothered by people going sshh like I am. When someone goes sshh to me it feels like I have been kicked in the chest or something and I secretly sulk or feel awkward but I can't tell them, because sshh seems to be a normal human thing we all say from time to time. But I seem to be the only one who finds it cringing and I never, ever say sshh even in situations where it's appropriate. I have had an aversion to it ever since I was a small child and the only people who will get what I'm saying are others who feel the same way...if they do exist that is. Oh God, I'm so unique.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 8:00 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

English is the weirdest language. There are 5 vowels but 20 different vowel sounds. Really it should all be respelled. Losing would become loozing, much more logical.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 8:01 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I didn't .. believe her.

Can't comprehend how your teacher didn't know the rule 'I before E except after C.' tut tut tut.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 8:07 am

Caz72 wrote:
the women who go through a whole 9mo pregnancy without knowing at all until they start giving birth to a 8 pound baby
i know i was thin when i was pregnant but my bump was so big you would think i had triplets in there

I agree! I was sick as a dog from the minute I found I was pregnant, I felt like I'd been poisoned. I had to give up my job, my car, my life for 9 months, I was alone at home all that time, frightened and ill. Literally one day I was a happy, independent woman with friends, a job and a life, the next day I was a weak invalid, scared and alone.

So I'm pretty jealous of women who sail through pregnancy without even noticing...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 12:48 pm

KitLily wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

I agree! I was sick as a dog from the minute I found I was pregnant, I felt like I'd been poisoned. I had to give up my job, my car, my life for 9 months, I was alone at home all that time, frightened and ill. Literally one day I was a happy, independent woman with friends, a job and a life, the next day I was a weak invalid, scared and alone.

So I'm pretty jealous of women who sail through pregnancy without even noticing...

Yes I get confused by this too. It's like they're getting on with their lives completely oblivious to carrying a baby in their own body, with no signs and no bump, and getting periods as normal, and then they're at somewhere like an airport merrily going on a holiday then all of a sudden they're struck down in an unexpected labour and give birth to a fully grown baby. I mean, surely you must feel something when you're pregnant, especially in the last 2 months when the baby is kicking and all that? I just don't understand.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 1:53 pm

Women who do the fake eyebrows thing.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 11:22 pm

(Scorching) hot wings (or any other excessively hot food, really). You get no taste! It's all just burn.