Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 11:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pence would end up signing a revised version of the bill.

What was revised, and did it actually have anything to do with this blowhard and his threats? There's no details there, and the wording is slippery.

I think GF and CD just grab stuff posted to FB and don't bother really reading it or verifying it. Joe Shmoe posted it on his FB page, so that makes it good enough to post to WP.

Joey Schmoey in this case is one of your right wing heros, ben shapiro. Feel free to contact his writing staff if you’d like to interview them about their article writing process.

That story was grabbed off Ben Shapiro's FB page?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:01 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

What was revised, and did it actually have anything to do with this blowhard and his threats? There's no details there, and the wording is slippery.

I think GF and CD just grab stuff posted to FB and don't bother really reading it or verifying it. Joe Shmoe posted it on his FB page, so that makes it good enough to post to WP.

Joey Schmoey in this case is one of your right wing heros, ben shapiro. Feel free to contact his writing staff if you’d like to interview them about their article writing process.

Sure was. His page posted the link and dailywire is his site.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:15 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

And Shapiro's staff wrote that Daily Wire article.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:18 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

And Shapiro's staff wrote that Daily Wire article.

Ask your boy, Benny. I assume they wrote it but it’s possible they ran it in syndication or just copy pasta’d from somewhere else. It’s published on his site. Click the link again and see if it contains the details you seek. If not, contact the page and ask them if you wish.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:33 am

I don't know what the numbers look like, but there are quite a few stories out there about young couples, young families, and young adults leaving conservative states over the abortion issue. Strict abortion laws make pregnancy riskier, even for women who want their children. Maternal mortality rates go up without abortion in the doctor's tool kit, regardless of whether or not the law provides a theoretical "life of the mother" exception. Point being, the red states are making choices that reduce the number of young professionals willing to work in those states. If a company hears the complaint often enough, or sees enough of its employees choose to move, then it will apply pressure on the relevant state. Or leave.

There are also stories about conservatives moving out of liberal states, for very different reasons, but also tied to politics. Not single law items that are easy to force change on, however.

Our United States are not looking particularly united anymore.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:44 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I don't know what the numbers look like, but there are quite a few stories out there about young couples, young families, and young adults leaving conservative states over the abortion issue. Strict abortion laws make pregnancy riskier, even for women who want their children. Maternal mortality rates go up without abortion in the doctor's tool kit, regardless of whether or not the law provides a theoretical "life of the mother" exception. Point being, the red states are making choices that reduce the number of young professionals willing to work in those states. If a company hears the complaint often enough, or sees enough of its employees choose to move, then it will apply pressure on the relevant state. Or leave.

There are also stories about conservatives moving out of liberal states, for very different reasons, but also tied to politics. Not single law items that are easy to force change on, however.

Our United States are not looking particularly united anymore.

Maybe the whole abortion thing is the gop's plan to geographically divide people by party lines so it makes civil war easier to kick off and keep organized?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 1:41 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

That doesn't change or have anything to do with what I said about a couple of people here, who post articles they don't seem to have read beforehand and or researched any. As for Ben Shapiro being my hero, I'm not the one hanging out in his FB page and re-posting his FB posts here :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 1:53 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

That doesn't change or have anything to do with what I said about a couple of people here, who post articles they don't seem to have read beforehand and or researched any. As for Ben Shapiro being my hero, I'm not the one hanging out in his FB page and re-posting his FB posts here :lol:

Who researches news articles ? :? :lol:

I only follow his page to post a lovely meme I made on his pages' bigoted anti-trans posts. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

An intelligent person makes sure an article will hold up to scrutiny before posting it. Although there's a couple of people here who seem to enjoy being flamed for not reading an article they post, or checking its validity.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 2:31 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
An intelligent person makes sure an article will hold up to scrutiny before posting it. Although there's a couple of people here who seem to enjoy being flamed for not reading an article they post, or checking its validity.

This is a forum, for discussing things. If you have issues with an article posted, discuss them. No need to criticise people for not doing some sort of background check on the writer. :roll: Bit of a ridiculous thing to think is normal and expected of people to do, really. People read news articles and then discuss them - that's normal. Doing some sort of reconnaissance on whoever wrote the article and their sources? That's weird.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 2:52 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

This is a forum, for discussing things. If you have issues with an article posted, discuss them. No need to criticise people for not doing some sort of background check on the writer. :roll: Bit of a ridiculous thing to think is normal and expected of people to do, really. People read news articles and then discuss them - that's normal. Doing some sort of reconnaissance on whoever wrote the article and their sources? That's weird.

No it's not weird, it's just being intelligent and not being lazy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 2:56 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

No it's not weird, it's just being intelligent and not being lazy.

:lmao:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:11 pm

Man, I didn't have "how dare you suggest I fact check my garbage sources!" on my WP bingo card, that's an, uh, interesting, stance to take.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Man, I didn't have "how dare you suggest I fact check my garbage sources!" on my WP bingo card, that's an, uh, interesting, stance to take.

Wtf?

You asked me to cite the part of the article that stated it. I did.

Fact checked. 8)

As for doing background checks into article authors and their sources and all that, LOL, that's nuts. People read & discuss articles, that's about it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Apparently any kind of research or fact checking or facts themselves are frowned upon or laughed at. Pretty much anything outside of Facebook is a no go.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Apparently any kind of research or fact checking or facts themselves are frowned upon or laughed at. Pretty much anything outside of Facebook is a no go.

Umm, yeah, expecting everyone who reads an article to spend time RESEARCHING the article is in fact laughable.

Could you imagine how many days it would take to read a daily newspaper if that were Actually how people read news articles? :lol:

In conclusion: Get real.