Government computer in my head

Page 10 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:40 pm

klanka wrote:
I prayed and asked God for a Bible verse about this situation and got Psalm 56:3
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you"

"God" is irrelevant here. 8)

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Jan 2023, 12:05 am

klanka wrote:
I prayed and asked God for a Bible verse about this situation and got Psalm 56:3

Excuse me but I was randomly reminded of the unicorn verse.

"Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him? Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?"

— Job 39:9–12

Way to undermine the poor unicorn with human superiority.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Jan 2023, 12:06 am

Pepe wrote:
klanka wrote:

I believe you. Otherwise medics would offer prayers instead of meds for cancer. It would be a much more effective and easy alternative. The fact it doesn't work more on disease than placebo has something of importance to say.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 7:05 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
klanka wrote:

I believe you. Otherwise medics would offer prayers instead of meds for cancer. It would be a much more effective and easy alternative. The fact it doesn't work more on disease than placebo has something of importance to say.

We atheists need to stick together. <hug>

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 1:51 pm

Got my bible out on the table so can't really say I'm an atheist. I would like to believe in god and an afterfife but the lack of proof for it bugs me.

Voices in my head and physical discomfort aren't too bad at present. On the Guinness badly though..

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jan 2023, 12:05 pm

Guys, the guy with the Bible verse tried to help. I don't think this should become a atheist vs theist thread :)

Though the Bible may give someone who hears voices wrong ideas about the cause.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 11:16 pm

Rossall wrote:
Got my bible out on the table so can't really say I'm an atheist. I would like to believe in god and an afterfife but the lack of proof for it bugs me.

Voices in my head and physical discomfort aren't too bad at present. On the Guinness badly though..

The lack of proof IS the foundation for faith. Do not lose hope...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:29 am

Persephone29 wrote:
The lack of proof IS the foundation for faith. Do not lose hope...
But if god exists why doesn't he show himself? Then the whole world would be christian.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2023, 9:28 am

Maybe god is not a christian. Maybe god thinks it's unnecessary to believe in a god, and it's best to just use the universe as a playground/canvas.

If a god exists anyway.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 2:19 pm

Hey, as this problem seems like demons...why not go to the local catholic church and ask for exorcism?
I say catholic church because they are known for taking this type of stuff seriously. Other denominations might just brush it off as something else. A Pentecostal church might also help.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2023, 3:09 pm

Exorcism is not an appropriate treatment for getting rid of voices. At best it will change the content. Like instead of "hey I'm the government I'm harassing you lol" it'll be like "hey I'm some powerful demon straight outta hell I'm harassing you lol". Government or demons, it's basically the same.

Though in some situations reciting Bible verses may give you comfort, if that works for you (it wouldn't work for me). Maybe by reducing anxiety the symptoms can be reduced. If medication alone doesn't work well, maybe cognitive behaviour therapy would.

In my case, I see the state as the biggest threat to humanity. The state is constantly harassing people, killing people in wars, responsible for the biggest crimes in the history of mankind, threatening workers with violence if they don't want to pay for wars, etc. So if I would hear voices, I maybe would also assume I have government computers in my head. Demons are a joke compared with the state.

You may already have guessed that I consider myself libertarian.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:26 pm

Had a difficult day today. Woke up feeling pretty good, the sun was shining, I felt OK. Then I ordered some non alcoholic beer so I was feeling quite pleased with myself. Then I started getting abdominal cramps and the computer voice saying 'we want you to kill yourself with alcohol, we'll get you somehow sooner or later'.

Ended up getting some alcohol and feeling a bit better now although I'm still up at 2.26am. Getting more alcohol delivered tomorrow..

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 11:39 am

hearing voices is common knowledge in christiantiy:
https://evangelistjoshua.com/silencing-evil-voices-2/

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2023, 7:37 am

Yea, I also think that Abraham was a schizophrenic. He heard voices asking him to kill his son. And then he mutilated his own penis. Seems like a severe case of schizophrenia.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 12:14 pm

Voices really bad at the moment saying 'you're very very good but you need to get a job' on a loop.

Bad chest tension and anxiety. On the Guinness atm.

It seems to be a pattern atm. I start the day feeling ok and then deteriorate..

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2023, 12:56 pm

Rossall wrote:
It seems to be a pattern atm. I start the day feeling ok and then deteriorate..

Can you try to take a 30 minutes nap (with alarm set) when it starts deteriorating? A short nap is basically like a "reset" button for your every day state of consciousness.

Though it's kinda impracticable to try to take a nap every time it starts deteriorating.