America’s new gun owners aren’t who you’d think

Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 10:52 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I do think it's funny how the Proud Boys are continually represented as a white supremacist organization when so many of their members, including their leaders, are not white; seems like a bit of a contradiction there.

Just for the record this is the Proud Boys leader, Enrique Tarrio.

As can be clearly seen, he is the typical blond haired, blue eyed, fair skinned white supremacist who thinks brown people are inferior.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 11:15 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

As can be clearly seen, he is the typical blond haired, blue eyed, fair skinned white supremacist who thinks brown people are inferior.

Must be the Netflix version.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 11:41 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
When’s the last time four ruffians broke into yours or anyone you personally know’s home, necessitating a musket response?

It's become distressingly common in the Seattle area these days, it's virtually impossible for a certain type of homeless addict to get arrested around here, and that's made some of them quite brazen. A guy in my old neighborhood had to shoot and kill one who broke into his house last year, he went well above and beyond what the law requires too, retreating further and further into his own house while yelling at the guy that he was armed and would shoot, but the guy kept coming and cornered him.

A slime ball in my home town was arrested for breaking into an occupied home during a state of emergency (Hurricane Ian).

There was a lot of that after Katrina. Of course, much of that was being done by the cops themselves....

goldfish21 wrote:
When’s the last time four ruffians broke into yours or anyone you personally know’s home, necessitating a musket response?

Anytime any number of ruffians break into an occupied structure is a musket situation.

B&Es were somewhat common where I grew up and there were even multiple series of home invasions in my neighborhood. There were also armed car jackings, multiple B&Es, at least one home invasion, and an a kidnapping/carjacking/attempted murder on my block.

Even when you are not home at the time, having your home broken into is quite traumatic and removes that safe feeling of home. Being at home when someone attempts to break in is also quite unnerving.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:03 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I do think it's funny how the Proud Boys are continually represented as a white supremacist organization when so many of their members, including their leaders, are not white; seems like a bit of a contradiction there.

Are we supposed to fall over in amazement? he's openly said he's Afro-Cuban. Perhaps I can enlighten you on some of his supporters.
Candace Owens
Dinesh DSouza
Bevelyn Beatty Williams

They don't fit your "idealised" caucasian image either but they support right wing American causes. I'm not blind, 9% of black Americans voted for the GOP in the last two elections.

Of course being "far right" he has to be a little careful around some of his swastika loving "brothers" lest they plunge a knife in his back

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Are we supposed to fall over in amazement? he's openly said he's Afro-Cuban. Perhaps I can enlighten you on some of his supporters.
Candace Owens
Dinesh DSouza
Bevelyn Beatty Williams

They don't fit your "idealised" caucasian image either but they support right wing American causes. I'm not blind, 9% of black Americans voted for the GOP in the last two elections.

Of course being "far right" he has to be a little careful around some of his swastika loving "brothers" lest they plunge a knife in his back

I was just replying to what Dox said about the Proud Boys being seen as a white supremacist group. Had nothing to do with you or what you wrote in your reply.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:40 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I was just replying to what Dox said about the Proud Boys being seen as a white supremacist group. Had nothing to do with you or what you wrote in your reply.

Once you opened the door you invite comment (this is a forum)....now you can't just slam it in everyone's face.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 4:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Once you opened the door you invite comment (this is a forum)....now you can't just slam it in everyone's face.

I just pointed out that the comment didn't really follow what I said. This one also doesn't really follow what I said.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 4:46 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I just pointed out that the comment didn't really follow what I said. This one also doesn't really follow what I said.

I'm commenting on your comment + the dude in the picture

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:49 pm

Plethora of googleymoogley results stating that the proud boys are, among other things, a white nationalist organization: https://www.google.com/search?q=proud+b ... e&ie=UTF-8

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:10 pm

The media tells you something different than your eyes, and you choose to believe the media.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 1:37 pm

Mmhmm, couldn't possibly be that an organization that is described as being 'white nationalists,' would have some non-white membership to use as plausible deniability for racial accusations. It's so not a thing that exists that Southpark hasn't satirized it for years..

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 1:39 pm

Kinda like the myth about the black slaves who fought on the side of the Confederacy?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 1:46 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Kinda like the myth about the black slaves who fought on the side of the Confederacy?

Maybe myth, maybe not.

It's like there was an actual 'gays for trump,' group.. yet the trump administration was in fact particularly anti-lgbt in their policies.

Some people must just like to hate on the groups they identify with.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:12 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
It's like there was an actual 'gays for trump,' group.. yet the trump administration was in fact particularly anti-lgbt in their policies.

Were they?

Trump was actually much less socially conservative than previous Republicans, a fact that never seems to penetrate on the left.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Maybe myth, maybe not.

Some people must just like to hate on the groups they identify with.

I'm sure there were maybe even a few Jews who might have supported Hitler for whatever reason made sense to them at the time.

Yeah I know humans are just too hard to figure out. Especially the ones who support things that are against their own best interests.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Were they?

Trump was actually much less socially conservative than previous Republicans, a fact that never seems to penetrate on the left.

Yes, they were. A pandering photo or two of a rainbow flag don't prove otherwise.

Attack on trans military members. Being super pissed about embassies flying pride flags. trump's anti lgbt rhetoric at his hate rallies that fired up his red hat cult to be jerks to lgbt people - resulting in increasing hate crimes, violence, murders, and suicides. Plenty of talk about trump's politicians and right wing judges coming for same sex marriage rights after they obliterated women's rights. etc. The trump administration was remarkably bad for lgbt people - bad enough that there was a noted increase in lgbt Americans seeking to leave the country due to feeling unsafe for their lives now & in the future.

trump posing with a pride flag is just as bs nonsense as him posing with a person of colour and pretending he's not racist, or a women and pretending he's not a misogynist - it's just a photo op for political theatre purposes.