Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:42 pm

Every day when I go online I'm reminded of how food prices are skyrocketing in Canada and that soon it will be like a third world country where there simply will be hardly any food left and what does still exist will be insanely expensive. I'm really scared. I'm lucky I can still afford food mainly because of the extra money I get from my mother but she's not going to be around forever. Dad sure wasn't. She keeps telling not to worry that my family members are going to make sure I'll be fine but how can I be if food gets so expensive or rare only filthy rich people can afford it? I hate this world and I'm sick of it. I've been sick of it ever since the year 1999 and I don't know how much more I can take. Eff the world. :x :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:44 pm

Stay calm. There is food available from the wild.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm

7 ways to grow potatoes:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/g ... -potatoes/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 12:07 am

I have a hard enough time having to go out and buy groceries every week, how am I going to plant a garden when I don't have the supplies or skills or space or knowledge on how to do it? How will am I supposed to grow one in the winter? I'm not a pioneer.

I guess I'll just sit on my butt until I die, seems like it's the only real solution anyway. My landlord seems pretty relaxed about how I live in my apartment, but I think he'd draw the line at my raising chickens and growing crops in my living room. :lol:

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 6:51 am

Hang in there. I am sorry the price of groceries is up. I am sorry you are feeling scared. I feel scared sometimes too and it is no fun.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 7:31 am

Do not panic or fear.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 9:04 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Every day when I go online I'm reminded of how food prices are skyrocketing in Canada and that soon it will be like a third world country where there simply will be hardly any food left and what does still exist will be insanely expensive. I'm really scared. I'm lucky I can still afford food mainly because of the extra money I get from my mother but she's not going to be around forever. Dad sure wasn't. She keeps telling not to worry that my family members are going to make sure I'll be fine but how can I be if food gets so expensive or rare only filthy rich people can afford it? I hate this world and I'm sick of it. I've been sick of it ever since the year 1999 and I don't know how much more I can take. Eff the world. :x :(

It's actually true and you're probably speaking for a lot of people. I really don't know what's going to happen myself. I'm just sort of taking things day to day but I'm noticing the prices going up all the time. It's always on essentials as well, the things you can't do without.

I don't think the UK is as bad as some parts of the world but I've heard food stuff is really expensive in Australia as well. It is crazy.

Sorry I can't help you but I wish you well for what it's worth.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 9:28 am

Can share your fears ……. Money is not going very far anymore .been gradually having to use what little is left in
My savings . Keep hoping I will find other ways to stretch my money . Try not to drive if I can help it . ,much smaller portions of food . When I cook . Have bought crackers to help fill me up .

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 9:32 am

Jakki wrote:
Can share your fears ……. Money is not going very far anymore .been gradually having to use what little is left in
My savings . Keep hoping I will find other ways to stretch my money . Try not to drive if I can help it . ,much smaller portions of food . When I cook . Have bought crackers to help fill me up .

Yeah I'm on the dry crackers as well. They do actually work. Also cheap tins of beans and baked potatoes. The trouble is is that it costs to cook as well but I don't wanna live on sandwiches just yet. I've always been thrifty but this is taking it to another level even for me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 10:19 am

I'm sorry you're feeling so scared lostonearth.
I wish I knew what to suggest.

Food prices have gone crazy along with everything else.
My heat bill is doubling, which I didn't expect.
Insurances (health, car, home) have gone up about 30% and they cover less.
My land tax has tripled in the last few years.

My pet peeve is that electricity rates are doubled in the daytime.
(Do you have that where you are?)
I'll only cook, clean, or do laundry with electric after 7 pm when it's 100% cheaper.
I hate that they expect seniors or the disabled to do everything at night.

By the time I start laundry or cooking at 7 pm, I'm not done until midnight.
I won't even print a document, make toast, or charge my phone until night time.
How is that right for elderly people or those of us who need rest?

It's all so stupid and yes, scary.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 12:40 pm

^^^^^^ DEFINITELY Agreed ^^^^^^

where ever you go ,there you are

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 1:19 pm

I noticed that eggs bacon and sausages are still cheap they keep me satisfied for hours and they fit into my diet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 4:11 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

I'm also scared about the rising food prices in Canada.