Can I achieve the same physique as my friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 5:23 am

My workout friend weighs 83kg at 5’11 (181cm). That gives him a bmi of 25.3 but more to the point he has a very impressive body for his age of 51.

I am 5ft8 (172cm) could I achieve the same physique as him at a weight of 168 lbs which gives me the same bmi at 25.3.

All that being said he is a good 3 inches taller than me so taking that into account will my physique not look as impressive as my friends since I am a lot shorter?

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2022, 6:50 am

You could, but it wouldn't be likely as we're all different and even how we build muscles aren't the same for whatever reason, so your bmi might not be the same.

That said if you look impressive to your friends it depends what they view the body you want as important or not. Same if you're trying to impress girls. Some prefer it, some hate it and some have no opinion on the matter.

So if you want to do it, do it for you and not someone else.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2022, 10:09 am

Body composition. Your friend has the same BMI, but with more muscle and lower % of bodyfat.

You can eat the same calories you're eating now. But increase your protein and get on a weightlifting routine.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:00 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:
Body composition. Your friend has the same BMI, but with more muscle and lower % of bodyfat.

You can eat the same calories you're eating now. But increase your protein and get on a weightlifting routine.

My friend got weighed in at the gym at 180 pounds today.

Are taller men in general regarded as having better physique than shorter guys?