Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2022, 4:32 am

Well basically, this time I thought to talk to you about your favorite hobbies. I sure have alot of hobbies, but I thought to share with you my favorite ones.

My Favorite Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Can you share yours too?

Can you also share what you think about my hobbies?

Thanks

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 4:54 am

My hobbies are similar. Except being obsessed with Christianity.

I don't try to get laid cos I'm waiting for marriage now

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 5:01 am

I love restoring old furniture. Just for myself really. I like making my home nice as well.

I do a lot of exercise as well but I'm not sure if that's a hobby or just a necessary thing but I do it every day.

I love watching telly, box sets etc.

Sex: Not sure if it's a hobby but I do enjoy it.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2022, 5:05 am

klanka wrote:
My hobbies are similar. Except being obsessed with Christianity.

I don't try to get laid cos I'm waiting for marriage now

Are you Christian, do you think Jesus is the messiah? In my country its all about "waiting" for the messiah... like he hasnt arrived.

Getting laid is even healthy. I read about it somewhere. So if you do it before marriage, who cares?

Quote:
I love restoring old furniture. Just for myself really. I like making my home nice as well.

I do a lot of exercise as well but I'm not sure if that's a hobby or just a necessary thing but I do it every day.

I love watching telly, box sets etc.

Sex: Not sure if it's a hobby but I do enjoy it.

I think Sex can be a hobby. Why cant it be?

Same for exercise.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 5:14 am

Yeah it's just not a hobby for me personally.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 5:20 am

Around here "hobbyist" is synonymous with "amateur".

Is that how you rank in your, um, hobby?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 6:08 am

Writing stories, drawing and colouring, playing on my piano-keyboard, and cutting out paper people to create my own scenes.

If I had the room I'd collect lots of toys and have them all on display.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 7:09 am

Reading tarot cards, gardening, cooking, and I like learning about mythology and ancient history though I'm not exactly an expert on any of it.

I also used to enjoy watching classic TV and horror movies and playing video games but they bore me to tears now.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 8:35 am

Yeah I believe he is the Messiah cos of the messianic verses in the old testament and cos I have a spiritual gift of faith.

I have to wait for marriage cos I might have bad consequences if I didn't.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 9:01 am

Watercolour painting, acrylic painting, doodling, circular knitting, weaving, making simple Christmas ornaments, watching old TV shows, listening to all kinds of music.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 6:47 am

digital audio restoration of old music recordings, many if not most of which sound drastically better afterwards.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Oct 2022, 12:32 am

Hi again everyone. Its me again. Sorry to bother you again, I just have an important question to ask you.

To be honest, I havent really seen any reply which describes specifically what someone thinks about my hobbies I mentioned. Its nice you shared your hobbies and shared a general opinion about some of the hobbies I shared, but I was hoping if you can please specifically share what you think about the hobbies I specifically mentioned before.

I'll write them again:

Yeah, these are my hobbies mostly. There are probably more, but they are not so important or frequently done.

So yeah, if you can please specifically share what you think about all of the hobbies I mentioned, please do that now. By hobbies, I mean something I enjoy doing. So when I use the word "hobby" or "hobbies", I mean to say anything I enjoy doing in my life without it necessarily being suitable for the accurate definition of the word Hobby.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 12:48 am

Noamx wrote:

one by one:
*video games - tremendous consumer of time but if you like them, more power to you. there are far worse things one could do.
*music - now you're talkin' my language. music makes life more worth living. in the words of marin marais (chief court musician of one of the king louis' types, which one i can't remember now), "music picks up where words leave off."
*sports - great if you are athletic, i never was quite blessed with those genes.
*swimming - great whole body/low-impact exercise, the best. i bet you are hellafit if you swim regularly.
*tv watching - there are many edifying programs on tv, i hope you like that type.
*whoopee - any male with testosterone automatically finds appeal in that. some of us lack the social intelligence to get some but if you are smart with that, more power to you.
*alky - not so good but as long as it hurts nobody else but you...
*writing - i do a fair amount of that meself, thanks to good ol' WP :alien: i appreciate good concise use of the language.
*reading - wish my eyesight and frontal lobes would let me do more of that in less time and effort. i've read enough to know which end is up.
*more - sometimes less is more.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 12:53 am

[quote="Noamx"][/quote]
Video Games....a commonplace pass time of folks younger than me. Unremarkable. But ok.

Music...Do you mean listening to music? Or making music? Do you play an instrument? I am into music as a listener. And can relate. Have worked as a party deejay. Dont play an instrument though.

Sports...Again...do you play sports? Or just follow sports. Either thing is a normal commonplace thing.

Watching TV is NOT a "hobby". Its the absence of a hobby. its just being a couch potato. you're not doing anything.

"Sex and getting laid" is not really in the same category as a "hobby" unless you're somekind of world class pick up artist. Its not really cool to talk about your sexual urges in the same breath as your 'hobbies'.

"Alcohol" is a vice and addiction. Not a 'hobby'. Seriously...even macho guys who brag about their drinking dont talk about it as being in the same category as 'hobbies'. Arts and crafts are hobbies. Making your own wine, or home brewing beer can be a hobby. Being a drunk is not a hobby.

"Reading books" is okay to list as a hobby. What kind of stuff do you read?

"Writing" . Are you published? Even if you're not -yeah that could count as a hobby. What sorta stuff do you write?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 3:31 am

Trains, trains, trains, model railways, trains bicycles, cars, trains and trains. Did I mention trains? :D