autistic gals vs autistic guys

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 10:02 pm

SkinnyElephant wrote:
Here's an observation I've made from reading/posting on the forum: A lot of autistic gals are, largely, non-sympathetic toward the struggles of autistic guys within the dating realm.

To me it seems to be more of an age thing than a gender thing. A lot of the older members on this forum, regardless of gender, seem to have very little sympathy for younger autistic guys’ dating struggles, while a lot of the younger members, again regardless of gender, seem to be a lot more sympathetic. Of course there are exceptions, like Mona Pereth.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 10:18 pm

SkinnyElephant wrote:
…And I'm not saying a certain gender has it better or worse. However, the struggles of autistic guys might be more noticeable (at least when it comes to pursuing a romantic interest) because, as a poster pointed out, guys are expected to do the chasing.

Low social skills+expected to do the chasing=recipe for disaster

I acknowledge there's more to dating than the pursual process though.

This here is exactly why dating poses a challenge for straight autistic guys more than straight autistic gals. Though I do also think part of it us the type of gal many of us are attracted to are a bit more introverted and don’t get out as much.

I know this is anecdotal, but irl I know a lot more autistic gals who are in stable, long-term relationships than autistic guys. And all of the autistic guys I know who are is such relationships are gay, bi in a same-sex relationship, or trans.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Oct 2022, 7:49 am

! Cornflake wrote:
I don't know how many times it needs to be stated, but these men vs. women "who has it better?" comparisons are odious, denigrating and not permitted.

Thread locked.