I'm starting to root for the next American Civil War

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 7:53 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
If the US collapsing means a collapse for the rest of the world consider me a cheerleader for it.

Why all this ill will toward everyone all of a sudden?

Is something really bad going on in your life right now?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 8:40 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
If the US collapsing means a collapse for the rest of the world consider me a cheerleader for it.

Why all this ill will toward everyone all of a sudden?

Is something really bad going on in your life right now?

Good question.

I knew who you were, and was glad to see you back on the site. And you seemed to keeping things together. But NOW you're going back to your overly emotional ways that got you in trouble the last time.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 10:44 pm

Let's see, maybe PART of the reason is because the United Nations just officially declared that the plight of the Uyghurs is not their problem because China's money is more important than human suffering. And when I try to speak out in defense of the Uyghurs as well as my own country (the US) which everyone on the internet seems to love to hate even when we do try to do the right thing I get mocked as being a "crybaby and coward" (your exact words) and for being the silly stupid American who cares about people suffering in a country that you assume I couldn't even find on a map (which is true, but what the f**k does THAT have to do with anything?!)

So you know what? I give up on trying to be nice and civil. As far as I'm concerned 99% of all humans are horrible. They'll always be horrible. That's all there is to it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 11:49 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Let's see, maybe PART of the reason is because the United Nations just officially declared that the plight of the Uyghurs is not their problem because China's money is more important than human suffering. And when I try to speak out in defense of the Uyghurs as well as my own country (the US) which everyone on the internet seems to love to hate even when we do try to do the right thing I get mocked as being a "crybaby and coward" (your exact words) and for being the silly stupid American who cares about people suffering in a country that you assume I couldn't even find on a map (which is true, but what the f**k does THAT have to do with anything?!)

So you know what? I give up on trying to be nice and civil. As far as I'm concerned 99% of all humans are horrible. They'll always be horrible. That's all there is to it.

It doesn't have to be like that though, like idk I have kind of liked seeing your posts, but going all into despair and wishing destruction on everyone is not helpful it'll just make you feel bad. Like where is this coming from? it won't help you or anyone. And also I am a huge coward , I want to stand up for things I belive in but it's scary so I don't always. But you don't have to give up over it, Idk maybe someday I could really stand up to something but yeah I am one of the most cowardly people ever probably and I haven't given up yet, so why should you?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 12:05 am

Hmm, My Experience is Totally Different, Living in One of the Most
So-Called Conservative Areas; Yes, in the United States of Course For
What You Are Well Acquainted With as i'm In A Very Small Percentage
of Folks Who Won't Be Voting For Folks Like DeSaTaNiS And Matt Gaetz

And Surely NOT 'The Devil Incarnate in 2024' Or Any of His Wanna Be Mini-me's

Yet i get Out and Actually Interact Verbally and Non-Verbally in Dance With 100's

of Folks Each Week Mostly Conservative And i Get Along With 'em Smooth As Honey

Even When i'm Dancing
A Fabulous Free Mixed
Ballet and Martial Arts
Public Dance It's True

i Got A Little Flack When i
First Starting Playing my 'Fiddle'
Of Dance Yet With Enough Practice
And Increased Size and Strength And
Smooth Movement Carrying 244 Pounds
Like Christopher Cross And Riding Like The Wind
Or However That Song About Sailing As the Wind Goes;

Nope, It Looks too Much Like the Unknown What my Physical
Capabilities Might Be; The Dudes Mostly Stay Away, And Every Once in
A While Women Folks Come Up to me With Something to Sing Yet Never

The Less i Interact With Them All in A Very EXTREME Confident Way and
About 99 Percent of Them Treat me With Kindness and Respect Just The

Way i Treat them Like even on this Internet Site Anonymous Avatars Have

Attempted to Bring me Down

Yet They Just Don't Seem

to Understand i've Already

Been the Devil in Florida For

66 Months And i Don't Even Have

to Go To Georgia To Prove How Well
i Play 'The Fiddle' Now hehe True i've Been

to the Part of Life Where i Could Never Fit in

Yet True The View is Totally Different When One Finds

A Way to Get Comfortable Enough 'When in Rome' People Who Are
Different than me Are Fascinating It Also Makes me So Fortunate

to Understand
How Blessed

And Really Blissed

i Am New Now to Survive
And God Yes Actually Thrive

Hmm, Our Views of the World
New Now Are Mostly Colored By How
We View Ourselves True And Are Able
to Fit in Well Enough to Be Comfortable
With Folks Who Are Different From Us;

i've Already Been The Devil For Real in
Hell for 66 Months; i Understand the
Real Bottom Floor; NO HUMAN YET
ME COULD POSSIBLY TAKE ME LOWER THAN WHERE I'VE BEEN...

LESSON OF MY LIFE; ANYWAY, WHEN YOU'VE BEEN THE LOWEST

THE ONLY PLACE LEFT TO GO IS RISE HIGHER IF YOU ACTUALLY FIND 'THE BOTTOM'

i Highly Doubt

Many Folks Have

Been to the Place

of A Thousand Years
of Hell in Just One Second
That Lasts 66 Months; Where
You Never Know if You Will Make
it Just one more Second And It's No One's

Fault At all You Just Find Yourself There Doing Your Best to Claw
Your Way Out; i've Lost Effective Use of my Eyes, And Ears, And Taste, And
Smell, And Touch in My Life, And Experienced The Worst Pain Known to Humankind

Yet The Hardest Part oF all Was Losing the Memory if i Every Felt A Smile at All Before;

Where it Actually Hurt to be Connecting to Anyone Then on the Planet Earth in Every Part of
my Body Whole Like Burning in Hell Yet Frozen Cold As Ice Away From Any Loving Force At All...

My Only Advice

is to Enjoy What

You Still Have As It's True

All oF iT May Be Taken Away

Through No Fault of Anyone Yet The Way Nature Bites...

And You Know What, There Was A Place in my Life i Wished
All of Existence to Go Away As i Didn't Even Have What it Took
to Bring the Real Suicide Disease Worse Than the Torture of Crucifixion to Fruition
As Assessed As the Worst Pain Known to Humankind Type Two Trigeminal Neuralgia;
Yes, Wake to Sleep for 66 Months
No Drug Would Touch Then
Shut-in in my Bedroom; Yuck!

Plus A Synergy of 18 Other
Life Threatening Disorders

Yet it's True

It wasn't Nearly

As Painful as Having

No Memory of A Feeling
of A Smile at All the Living
Dead True the Living Dead
Aren't too Comfortable With
The Dead SHellS on the Beach They Find themselves in...

Best Gift and Curse of All in Life is Change; it's Continual And Real,

Down

or Up;

SMiLes, When
You Can And Will
Even Better Savor
The Feeling Within
As Not Everyone Gets
to See, Taste, Hear, Smell,
Touch, And Feel Life At All...

Anyway, it Appears that Herschel
Walker is Trying to Be 'the Devil in
Georgia;' And Nah, He Might have been
A Great Running Back Yet The Dude Just

Doesn't Know How to Really Play 'The Fiddle'..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 7:04 am

You got it wrong, my friend.

99% of people aren’t like that. It’s mostly people in “high places,” who have lost the sense of being regular people because they’ve become power junkies.

The regular person, like you and I, just want to live their lives without all this war and tumult. They are the victims of these megalomaniacal leaders.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 9:06 am

We live in a world where the social sphere, human decision making, what works or what fails, is mostly determined, shaped, and limited by non-human factors (eg. genes, head-count, network dynamics, and symmetries) thus the whole thing looks utterly demonic from a Platonist or even worse, formerly Christian, perspective.

Just observe for a while, try to step back, go through whatever withdrawals you will go through as you realize that most human behavior (especially when it's immovably sealed and counterproductive) isn't 'human' in its orientation, it's one of those things where you have to go through it and properly process it to get out the other side of it rather than go crazy and self-flagellate for being able to chain two coherent sentences together.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 9:43 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

No.

If I called you a "coward" it was because...you FAILED to stand up for what you believe in.

You just rolled over and played dead, and just collapsed into this nonstarter nihilism you're exhibiting now.

What I was hoping to see was to see you rise to the occasion, and to start to do your own research ...to counter Skinned Fish, and enlighten us all on whatever data you can find, and maybe, give him a good thrashing. Or... take it out on me (which isnt really fair because its him that you have the quarrel with,and not me, but even if you gave me a well researched thrashing it would be better than this nihilistic crying that you're doing).

And actually "being able to find it on a map" IS kinda important to discussing the issues because "location is everything".

In 1950 the UN organized a successful war effort to save South Korea from the invasion by north Korea, but the Korean Peninsula is on the Pacific Ocean - and the post World-War-Two US Navy controlled Japan, and the whole Pacific. So it was feasible for the UN to launch the war against the enemy alliance coming at us out of the Asian landmass.

Unlike Korea, Xinjiang is a landlocked region in the heart of the Asian landmass surrounded on two sides by China itself, and on all other sides by Russia, or by former Russian client states, or former Soviet Republics. A very hard place for an outside power adversarial to both China and Russia, like the US, or UN, to wage a war. Especially now that we have pulled out of Afghanistan. So if we cant use force then we cant use the threat of force no matter what our ideals are.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 10:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Sounds like Britain- on the verge of civil war. Our government is insane, have you read the things they are saying? They want to carve up Britain into privately owned Freeports, Charter Cities and Investment Zones which will all have their own laws and government different to all the other ones. WTF. And that is one of their more sensible ideas.

Kind of ironic that the people that came up with a colonial system of government to govern so much of the world can't manage to govern one teeny tiny island anymore..

Yes, they are bl00dy ridiculous. :roll: A tiny % of the British are obsessed with 'our Empire' and being important in the world. Whereas the rest of us want to move on. But unfortunately that tiny % are the ones voting for our government. :x

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 10:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Sounds like Britain- on the verge of civil war. Our government is insane, have you read the things they are saying? They want to carve up Britain into privately owned Freeports, Charter Cities and Investment Zones which will all have their own laws and government different to all the other ones. WTF. And that is one of their more sensible ideas.

So...Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, will break away from the UK?

Then England itself will break into war between these cities with differing hare brained experimental ideologies?

That about sums it up, yes. If Scotland, Wales and NI have any sense they'll break away from Titanic England.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:48 am

KitLily wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Kind of ironic that the people that came up with a colonial system of government to govern so much of the world can't manage to govern one teeny tiny island anymore..

Yes, they are bl00dy ridiculous. :roll: A tiny % of the British are obsessed with 'our Empire' and being important in the world. Whereas the rest of us want to move on. But unfortunately that tiny % are the ones voting for our government. :x

British Imperialism ultimately worked for a positive result in the United States. The American desire for independence was due to the British Empire reaping the benefits of having American colonies but denying us any rights as British citizens. The Declaration of Independence was little more than formalizing a state that the British had long established by this point by severing meaningful relations with us. Had it not been for Mother England, we would not have had the benefit of British wealth getting us here, the protection of the British military, or the ingenuity of innovative British thinkers. We owe our own wealth and ideas to our British forbears. Had England any concept of #AmericanLivesMatter, things might have been different today.

But it's undeniable that America did benefit from English rule for a time. And as an independent nation, our indigenous people even share in the wealth of the USA insofar as they want to. As an imperial force, England has had its share of hiccups. But more often than not, nations under British control have benefitted from England, and England has had a symbiotic relationship with other nations worldwide.

And as long as nations have something to offer each other and benefit from it, I say there's nothing at all wrong with the UK as an empire. I would examine the motives behind WHY England would choose to let go of Scotland and Ireland. Is it because there is no longer a meaningful relationship between England and Ireland or England and Scotland? Or is it a guilt thing where the English feel that British imperialism was wrong in the first place?

If the latter is the case, it reflects a weakness among the English. Letting go of all that wealth and, one would hope, mutual cooperation, might benefit the Scottish and Irish in the long term, but it would harm England. Perhaps forced control over unwilling people was wrong IN THE PAST. But deciding to REVERSE course after so many centuries may not be the best for all involved.

Let's suppose the USA were to reverse 2 centuries of policy for the "benefit" of black Americans. Start with paying reparations. And since we robbed them of their homeland, we just round up all blacks and ship them back to Africa. Paying reparations symbolically says, "It's over. We're done. We owe you nothing else. So don't ask," plus you have a large number of Americans who don't believe you can legitimately punish them for what their ancestors did. And shipping them back to Africa robs them of the home they have now--and where would they live if forced to leave?

You can't always go back and make everything right when one group of people cannot be faulted for what someone else did to another group of people. But what you CAN do instead is say, "Hey, we were jerks. We don't want to be jerks anymore. What can we do to stop being jerks, be friends, and move forward together?"

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:56 am

I don't think it will end up being a civil war...maybe a revolution? The wealth gap is already higher now than it was when heads started to roll for the French aristocracy.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:50 am

I hope the robots win

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:18 am

AngelRho wrote:
KitLily wrote:

And as long as nations have something to offer each other and benefit from it, I say there's nothing at all wrong with the UK as an empire. I would examine the motives behind WHY England would choose to let go of Scotland and Ireland. Is it because there is no longer a meaningful relationship between England and Ireland or England and Scotland? Or is it a guilt thing where the English feel that British imperialism was wrong in the first place?

It's not England choosing to let go of Scotland and Ireland. It's Scotland and Ireland wanting to free themselves from England. They don't want to be ruled by Westminster and our crazy, harmful government anymore. They want their own governments, their own laws etc. and generally want to rejoin the EU that mainly England voted to leave.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:19 am

DanielW wrote:
I don't think it will end up being a civil war...maybe a revolution? The wealth gap is already higher now than it was when heads started to roll for the French aristocracy.

Right then. America, you start and Britain will follow you 8)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 9:18 pm

KitLily wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
KitLily wrote:

It's not England choosing to let go of Scotland and Ireland. It's Scotland and Ireland wanting to free themselves from England. They don't want to be ruled by Westminster and our crazy, harmful government anymore. They want their own governments, their own laws etc. and generally want to rejoin the EU that mainly England voted to leave.

Makes sense.

But Scotland and Ireland will lose the benefits of a strong military as well as social programs. Are Scotland and Ireland strong enough that they can protect themselves and support their people?

To be clear, unlike SOME people on WP who don't live in the USA, I don't pretend to understand politics in other countries I don't live in, and I'm slow to criticize until I do understand. I don't have that much knowledge of how things are done in Canada. But I couldn't resist doing a little research to find out just how "free" health care really is in Canada. So I treated myself to a field day with a foaming-at-the-mouth, Pro-Canada, America-hater and challenged his perception of his oh-so-glorious country. The truth is I harbor no animosity toward Canada. Moreover, I'm proud to be from the USA, and I don't blame Canadians for being proud of being Canadian. I think every government has to act in the interests of its citizens, and what works best in England might work great for the English and Canadians, but less so for Ireland and the USA. So when I ask about Scotland and Ireland, it's out of curiosity I have for the situation in the UK. I'm wondering if independence really would benefit Scotland and Ireland and how.

It worked out great for us!! ! :lol:

Empires generally work out well for people under imperial rule. The ancient Roman Empire definitely had benefits for nations under Roman rule. Rome's biggest problem was having to move military resources too far to effectively protect the capital. Before the fall of Rome, rural populations were already banding together to protect themselves from foreign invasion, thus the lack of a homeland security force was mostly irrelevant for those living in Italy.

Modern British were wise in coming to terms with their real-world strength, forging alliances with countries they colonized and working cooperatively for mutual interests. Ok, so maybe China isn't the best example. And the British turning on their own in the American colonies was not Crazy George's finest moment. But fully relinquishing control after many centuries of hostility and resentment? If Westminster doesn't have to expend resources on Scotland and Ireland, isn't benefitting from ruling them and is in a better position without them, then they SHOULD cut away dead weight.