White woman takes legal action against "racist" NHS trust.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 7:58 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11271893/Christian-nurse-sues-Tavistock-Portman-NHS-Trust-forcing-racist-ideology-students.html

She said she was forced to partake in a lecture that said all white people are racist and when she complained, a speaker said she causes race based "harm" and couldn't work around "diverse" people.

The trust then threatened to kick her off the course she was on.

Interesting case to appear in court and if true I hope the trust get dragged over the coals.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 10:06 pm

Nades wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11271893/Christian-nurse-sues-Tavistock-Portman-NHS-Trust-forcing-racist-ideology-students.html

She said she was forced to partake in a lecture that said all white people are racist and when she complained, a speaker said she causes race based "harm" and couldn't work around "diverse" people.

Interesting case to appear in court and if true I hope the trust get dragged over the coals.

Interesting is one way to put it. I can think of a few other choice words. If it's true it seems wokeism/ "antiracism" training is the same on the other side of the pond.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 10:12 pm

Sounds familiar... Kamala thinks that help after hurricane Ian should only go to the poor so there's 'equity.' Equity by mother nature! Oh boy!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 11:53 pm

But it's true, all us white people are racist and evil and selfish and responsible for all the world's problems. I can hardly wait for the genocide of white people. :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 12:26 am

This sounds like another story about an American psychiatrist who was disclosing her feelings about white people
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/06/nyre ... anani.html

Despite an enormous right wing witch hunt against Dr Khilanani she's still running her private practice in NY because her (believe it or not) her predominantly white middle class patients love her services. The proof of the pudding is (at the end of the day) in the eating.

What seem to be lost on those accusing ant-white racism both the Yale seminar by Dr Aruna Khilanani along with the psychotherapy lecture provided by Dr Anne Aiyegbusiat at the NHS is the audience are people who are being trained to become mental health workers. I strongly suspect the content has gone completely over Ms Gallagher head.

Secondly all the allegations are second hand information from Ms Gallagher about the lecture which (you will have to excuse me) sounds uneducated and suspect.

I would like to review the actual lecture from Dt Aiyegbusiat before making any sensible conclusions. But I suspect Ms Gallagher's public utterances about race would suggest that mental health is not for her. She should reconsider her career choices. Perhaps UKIP could give her a job?

Last edited by cyberdad on 03 Oct 2022, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 12:53 am

Nades wrote:

I had to attend one of those back around 2016. I'm hoping it was the first and the last of those. People of color on our crew didn't care for it much either.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:35 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Nades wrote:

I had to attend one of those back around 2016. I'm hoping it was the first and the last of those. People of color on our crew didn't care for it much either.

Apparently a review was done on such courses and lectures and they found it makes discrimination worse.

It's not really a surprise that telling people they're genetically prepositioned to being racist and they probably already mistreated minorities will cause discontent.

The case appears to hinge entirely on stirring up racial hatred towards white people in general with the lecture and then encouraging racial mistreatment of the woman in question if true.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:37 am

Nades wrote:
Apparently a review was done on such courses and lectures and they found it makes discrimination worse.

link?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:40 am

And any more racist comments will be reported.

There's already far to many racist comments on WP more often than not posted by the usual suspects. Calling for white genocide is obviously stupid and low key "all whites are racist" irrespective of who they are or what they done insinuations is getting really old on WP now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:54 am

Nades wrote:

There's already far to many racist comments on WP more often than not posted by the usual suspects. Calling for white genocide is obviously stupid and low key "all whites are racist" irrespective of who they are or what they done insinuations is getting really old on WP now.

It would be good to know how one can be accused of something they have zero idea where the source of the allegation comes from??

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 3:53 am

Nades wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Nades wrote:

It's not really a surprise that telling people they're genetically prepositioned to being racist and they probably already mistreated minorities will cause discontent.

The case appears to hinge entirely on stirring up racial hatred towards white people in general with the lecture and then encouraging racial mistreatment of the woman in question if true.

Sounds good to me. There's plenty of diversity in our crew and we all get along with each other just fine. We've worked well together for years.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

link?

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210614-why-ineffective-diversity-training-wont-go-away

A few months ago I believe some government agency stopped giving diversity training and they thought it come across as accusatory and likely to stir up resentment.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

It would be good to know how one can be accused of something they have zero idea where the source of the allegation comes from??

As in what way?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:28 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Nades wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Nades wrote:

Sounds good to me. There's plenty of diversity in our crew and we all get along with each other just fine. We've worked well together for years.

Where I live there isn't many minorities. My place of work have almost none but the occasional one that you do bump into on site seem happy enough.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:48 am

Nades wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

As in what way?

Oh sorry I thought that was directed at me. My bad.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:49 am

Nades wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

link?

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210614-why-ineffective-diversity-training-wont-go-away

A few months ago I believe some government agency stopped giving diversity training and they thought it come across as accusatory and likely to stir up resentment.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am wondering if maybe those doing the training might not be properly trained themselves?