Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:57 pm

Yes, I used to be fixated on flowing water when it was within view. I nearly drowned a few times as a kid as a result. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

Of course, if you go swimming now you're lucky you don't get some kind of disease from the water. I read that all kinds of bacteria are now even resistant to the chlorine in swimming pools, and kids are more likely to get infected since they normally swim and play in the water more than adults.

It makes me wonder how humans can think they're such a big screaming deal when something so tiny it's not even visible to the naked eye can completely incapacitate and kill them.

I only went swimming once this summer at my mom's backyard pool, but I think she's pretty careful at keeping it clean.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 3:48 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
klanka wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
A friend of mine lived with two cats that always provided the after-dinner entertainment. They would put down a saucer of water, and one cat would stare into it, and bat at their reflection whenever the water was still. The other ignored the saucer, but was fascinated by the drops of water splashed out. It would approach one glistening on the carpet, and then see it vanish, over and over.

I was going to compare the OP with a cat

Why? :lol: Don't cats commonly dislike water?

I had a cat that used to like watching the water coming out of the tap , swipe at it with her paw and drink it :lol:

similar to what you said in the first post

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 4:08 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
klanka wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
A friend of mine lived with two cats that always provided the after-dinner entertainment. They would put down a saucer of water, and one cat would stare into it, and bat at their reflection whenever the water was still. The other ignored the saucer, but was fascinated by the drops of water splashed out. It would approach one glistening on the carpet, and then see it vanish, over and over.

I was going to compare the OP with a cat

Why? :lol: Don't cats commonly dislike water?

They often like observing flowing water, and they prefer to drink moving water over standing water.

I think they've just got sensory issues related to getting wet.
Not that I'd know anything about that. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:05 pm

No, water interests me but it doesn't fascinate me.

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2022, 11:48 pm

I had fascination with water all my life and that's why I love swimming and in general go in the water. Every swims I have I always love go in with my tracksuit on since I like the sensory feel of wearing wet clothes (If you watch the videos that I have posted up) and later on putting on a dry change of clothes sometimes wearing the same clothes that I was wearing before only to be in a different colour.

I take up anything to do with water except I don't surf, scuba dive or go into dangerous or polluted bodies of water. It's especially how heavy my clothes can get, I hate rolling up my pants before going for a swim, I don't like shorts and I haven't swam topless since I had been getting slightly fat. I enjoy making videos of myself doing it. I am 42 years old, I still love floating around on inflatable toys.

I even have public pools I go to that allow me to go in with my tracksuits on. I love fresh water lakes, beaches and rivers that's average a waist deep only if there are a lack of people around.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:56 pm

https://punpedia.org/water-puns/

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 12:29 am

As a child, I certainly do. To a point I could just stare a faucet drip for hours.

As an adult, since I pay water bills -- I got every right to actually just do exactly that and more. :lol:
Except I'm also too busy -- distracted -- and want to spend more time elsewhere than to just do that.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2022, 7:52 pm

I feel this! I'm from Florida so I've always had some body of water nearby whether it's the beach or various lakes. I also find pool architecture interesting. One of my favorite artists (Jared Pike) does almost exclusively surreal, dream-like pools with impossible architecture.

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2022, 5:56 pm

me too

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 10:29 am

Yes.When was little I liked turning the water on to watch it, flushing the toilet to watch it spin.Loved wading in it and got in trouble for turning water hoses on to make small creeks.Once I tried to fill the kitchen up with water so I could swim.I saw it on a cartoon.
Now I live by a river and have a small creek in front yard.
The reflection on water fascinates me, the light dancing on the ripples, could just stare at it for ages.
I built several water features in my garden and I purchased a solar fountain that lights up at night.Glorious.