Medications for Anxiety/Nausea caused by Asperger Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2022, 9:55 am

In the previous thread, I talked specifically about the medication called Atarax/Hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine medication used to treat Nausea, Anxiety, and Itchiness. But this time, I'd like to talk about many more medications which I have tried in the past, which have helped me with anxiety caused by Asperger Syndrome.

Well basically, there are many other medications I have tried for this anxiety, not just Atarax/Hydroxyzine. Although that medication can be very helpful, it also has unpleasant side effects like difficulty focusing on things, drowsiness, and so on. So other than Atarax/Hydroxyzine, another medication I have tried which have helped me, was Zofran / Ondansetron. You see, Zofran / Ondansetron is not a medication for anxiety, but sometimes my anxiety causes me a a very strong feeling of Nausea, and Zofran / Ondansetron is a good medication for Nausea. Hydroxyzine is also for Nausea, but it only helps with Nausea caused by Motion Sickness. Zofran/Ondansetron also helps with Nausea caused by other things, like Gastritis(inflammation of the stomach), Cancer related treatments, and also Anxiety, which Anxiety, itself, can cause Nausea sometimes, regardless of the presence of motion sickness.

Other than Hydroxyzine and Ondansetron, I have tried:

Cinnarizine
Dipenhydramine
Dimenhydrinate
Promethazine
Doxylamine

Among all the medications, what have helped me the most was Ondansetron and Hydroxyzine, but Promethazine was also helpful sometimes. The only problem with Promethazine is it causes an extremely strong feeling of drowsiness, so once you take this medication, you must go to sleep, no matter what.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.