Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2022, 9:59 am

Well basically, what I wanted to talk to you about this time, is about Hans Asperger. You see, Hans Asperger himself appeared to have the same syndrome named after him. As a kid, he didnt have many friends and was isolated in generally, just like me. I am a big fan of him, as shown by the fact he is in my forum avatar in my profile. But what interests me the most is how he had the syndrome himself which was named after him. Its amazing to learn that about him, because I didnt know that in the past. Can you explain what you think about this?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:16 pm

When I read about him biographers will give asides like "he had many of the same traits that his young patients had" implying that he had at least some of the traits of aspergers. Though Ive never read that he was proven to be a full blown aspie. But it wouldnt surprise me if he were that.

Its curious. Its surprising, or...maybe it isnt surprising. Not sure what to make of it.

There are number of cases Ive read about when there is...an odd relationship between the researcher, and the thing in science that the researcher discovered.

Like that scientist in the 50s who proved that baby monkeys will forfeit food ...to get warm hugs from their moms (to give a dumbed down version of it) thus showing the need for physical closeness in primate (including human development). The discoverer himself was rather cold and not given giving hugs. Maybe he was driven to his research because of he was starved for physical contact because of the family he grew up in. Maybe.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 2:24 pm

i read his report, it said some interesting things that i hadnt heard before...cant remember what they are though!
i would have to read it again

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 1:39 am

This has been speculated about for years. And speculate is all we can do. While all Aspies have social issues, not all people with social issues are on the spectrum. It is Aspergers "Syndrome" because it encompasses many traits. As a developmental disability, the traits need to be present very early on. As we look at documented traits we need to be aware of presentism bias. Words often had different meanings and contexts than they do today. Adding since he was Austrian those describing what he was like at a young age and beyond were German speakers there may be literal "lost in translation" issues.

Aspergers is a lifelong condition and the man did get accepted by the notorious at weeding out nonconformists Nazis.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman