Alt-Right Playbook: The Cost of Doing Business

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 8:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm an anti-racist-----but I still don't believe white European-origin folks are automatically born racists. I don't accept that premise.

Woke ideology does posit this. It claims that all whites in the United States context are privileged due to power dynamics and are racist because of that not that it is an innate trait of white people. In this belief system due to group power dynamics, all men are privileged, cis people are privileged. A white autistic can be a privileged racist due to "whiteness" and oppressed due to autism.

The group power dynamics is the reasoning behind the claim black people can not be racist.

The wokes will claim this ideology is not racist because they are not saying whites are not innately inferior, while critics such as me claim it is racist because they ascribe negative traits to a group.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 10:43 am

I believe the "power dynamics" aspect is too simplistic a notion.

Does anyone believe that Appalachian folks have a "power dynamic" advantage----hence enjoying "white privilege"?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 2:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Does anyone believe that Appalachian folks have a "power dynamic" advantage----hence enjoying "white privilege"?

The woke do.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 2:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe the "power dynamics" aspect is too simplistic a notion.

Yes.

After all they are privileged because they won’t get in trouble for driving while black.(SMH)

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 3:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Are you assuming here that all Appalachian folks are white? Black Appalachians do exist. And, yes, white Appalachians do have "white privilege" relative to black Appalachians.

"Privilege" is relative, and there are many different kinds of privilege. Of course, not every white person is "privileged" in every way over every black person.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 10:49 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Of course, not every white person is "privileged" in every way over every black person.

The new definition of privilege describes a real problem in an ass backwards way. It conflates being treated fairly for privilege. Privilege has the negative connotation of being given unearned and unfair advantages such as getting a job over more qualified applicants because you know the boss, or being born into wealth.

The problem is that white people are more likely to be treated fairly then black people, and black people are more likely to be discriminated against then white people.

The expanded “woke” definition of privilege assumes you automatically have a negative trait of unfair and unearned advatage because you are white, or male, or straight. That used to be called racism until the woke changed the definition of that also.