Trump sues CNN claiming defamation, seeks $475 million in pu

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,772
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

03 Oct 2022, 10:13 pm

Trump sues CNN claiming defamation, seeks $475 million in punitive damages

:lol:

https://torontosun.com/news/world/trump ... ve-damages


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 870
Location: City of Roses

03 Oct 2022, 10:16 pm

He must be desperate for money.


_________________
♡◇♧♤
"All of them witches comes with the fall..."


stratozyck
Raven
Raven

Joined: 28 Jun 2022
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 111
Location: US

03 Oct 2022, 10:36 pm

He's doing this to pander to his base and stay in the news. Its absolutely absurd.

As a side note, there are a lot of people (who just so happen to be rich) who want to make it a lot easier to sue news organizations for what they report. Even if it increases the probability of a lawsuit by a little bit, it would have a chilling effect on reporting.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,772
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Oct 2022, 1:33 am

^yep, he’s a master headline creating troll.

And he’s gonna wind up the crazies and turn them loose on his perceived enemies.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,324
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

04 Oct 2022, 1:58 am

Trump once sued Bill Maher for defamation of character, specifically for saying Trump's father had to have been an orangutan. The judge laughed Trump out of court.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Oct 2022, 3:52 am

He should pay CNN for all the publicity they've given him.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,267
Location: temperate zone

04 Oct 2022, 4:30 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
He should pay CNN for all the publicity they've given him.


Thats the point. The reason Trump is suing them is ...to get publicity.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Oct 2022, 4:42 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
He should pay CNN for all the publicity they've given him.


Thats the point. The reason Trump is suing them is ...to get publicity.

That's like Jeff Bezos trying to get more bald.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,267
Location: temperate zone

04 Oct 2022, 4:56 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
He should pay CNN for all the publicity they've given him.


Thats the point. The reason Trump is suing them is ...to get publicity.

That's like Jeff Bezos trying to get more bald.


Trump stays in the public eye ...largely BECAUSE...he works tirelessly to stay there.

Bezos does not strive to be bald.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

04 Oct 2022, 11:33 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
He should pay CNN for all the publicity they've given him.


Thats the point. The reason Trump is suing them is ...to get publicity.

That's like Jeff Bezos trying to get more bald.


Trump stays in the public eye ...largely BECAUSE...he works tirelessly to stay there.

Bezos does not strive to be bald.


<cut to Jeff Bezos scrubbing his scalp with Nair>


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う