I was asked by a teacher if I was planning a shooting

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:19 pm

Usually I hear of murderers being very charming and chatty. Psychopaths are good at that and usually it's the psychopaths that murder, as, well, it goes without saying really. Unless they have a mental illness and don't know what they're doing, but most serial killers do know what they're doing.

I think you've got to be a psychopath to shoot an entire class of children. Even the autistic school shooters are psychopaths. Nobody in their right mind would really dream of breaking into a school with a gun and shooting children. It takes that certain psychopathic urge to do that. And I hate them. If they don't shoot them ugly selves after doing so, they should be locked up for life with no chance of ever getting out, and be forced to be tested on in labs instead of poor innocent animals, and then stood against a wall and shot at the end of it. Evil bastards.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:37 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I think you've got to be a psychopath to shoot an entire class of children.

Psychopathy is a distinct mental condition. Psychopaths are born. They are not necessarily sadistic murderers but a tendency to impulsive behaviour and lack of empathy make it easier for them to kill.

I'd be wary of labelling school shooters psychopaths because it is much like the 'evil' tag. If we say "A psychopath did it" then we don't need to ask why did it happen? What could have been done differently to prevent it happening again? It was just a psychopath and psychopaths happen randomly. School shooters are doubtless extremely psychologically damaged but that's not the same and its important to look at how they got that way if any progress is going to be made to reduce the frequency.

ilovepalmtrees
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2022, 4:47 pm

The stereotype of the mass shooters being autistic makes no sense since autistic people generally don't like the loud noise and chaos a mass shooting causes.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 4:57 pm

The UK never has had a Second Amendment, and that is on purpose.

Our founders wrote the Second Amendment into the Constitution, and that is on purpose.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 5:03 pm

I can't even kill an insect, so God knows how I'd be capable of killing people. I bitterly hate anyone who kills people or animals for no reason.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 5:09 pm

rse92 wrote:
The UK never has had a Second Amendment, and that is on purpose.

The lack of a written constitution would certainly make it difficult to have amendments to said constitution, no?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 5:15 pm

ilovepalmtrees wrote:
The stereotype of the mass shooters being autistic makes no sense since autistic people generally don't like the loud noise and chaos a mass shooting causes.

The stereotype isn't just autism though.

The stereotype is ostracized, angry, young men with autism, special interests involving violence and access to firearms.

They're generally of average or higher intellect.
They're typically not involved in any sort of organized criminal activity.
They're often edgelords with ideologies influenced by such.
They often seem to operate with a sense of entitlement when it comes to social success and the social struggles despite of the areas where they view themselves as superior to their peers become a fixation they ruminate on. Those meathead idiots should accept me for who I am because I'm better than them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2022, 6:19 pm

stratozyck wrote:
I am 39 now and this is something that still bothers me to this day. This was after Columbine, and they sent a teacher who used to teach at my middle school because they thought she knew me better. She asked me if I ever thought about doing violence or hurting anyone at school.

I was a weird kid - believe me I see it now with the benefit of hindsight. Inside, I am still as weird but I've learned to act more normal in front of others because you need to do that to get money. I admit - I was also a kid who did not like authority. But you know what? I am an adult that doesn't like authority.

I think they targeted me for that because I used to skip school a lot because I hated being there, and I was a weird kid that didn't dress normally and people made fun of a little. I would literally just run as fast as I could away during breaks between classes. I got away most of the time, but sometimes they sent the police after me.

What gets me now is that we know that they weren't autistic loner kids. The dude that instigated it was actually a somewhat popular sociopath. Of course, there were others that the media did highlight were autistic.

It hurt a lot because I don't have any violence towards others in me. However, I was/am weird so I think people think weird = potential killer.

Im sorry you were the misunderstood and the victim of prejudicial hysteria.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 7:06 pm

If someone were to ask me that at any point of time as a student, I'd laugh at them.
Or just be very bewildered for not understanding the question.
Maybe accuse them of being weird themselves and ask back at them in translation; 'are we in the US?'

I'm not from the US.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:38 pm

stratozyck wrote:
. . . they sent a teacher who used to teach at my middle school because they thought she knew me better. . .

This may have also had elements of a betrayal or “a pounce.”

She may have even argued with them when they first asked her. And the school official may have said, Oh, you know him better, it will be less jarring if you ask him. Well, she should have stuck with her first instinct [if such was the case]. She should have said, No, I’m not going to talk to him, and then, by putting one foot in front of the other, calmly have walked away.

Or, she herself may have bought into the crap that weird = dangerous.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 9:34 am

That would have bothered me as well if I was asked that question.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:41 am

stratozyck wrote:
I am 39 now and this is something that still bothers me to this day. This was after Columbine, and they sent a teacher who used to teach at my middle school because they thought she knew me better. She asked me if I ever thought about doing violence or hurting anyone at school.

I was a weird kid - believe me I see it now with the benefit of hindsight. Inside, I am still as weird but I've learned to act more normal in front of others because you need to do that to get money. I admit - I was also a kid who did not like authority. But you know what? I am an adult that doesn't like authority.

I think they targeted me for that because I used to skip school a lot because I hated being there, and I was a weird kid that didn't dress normally and people made fun of a little. I would literally just run as fast as I could away during breaks between classes. I got away most of the time, but sometimes they sent the police after me.

What gets me now is that we know that they weren't autistic loner kids. The dude that instigated it was actually a somewhat popular sociopath. Of course, there were others that the media did highlight were autistic.

It hurt a lot because I don't have any violence towards others in me. However, I was/am weird so I think people think weird = potential killer.
Wow! That's a hurtful thing they did to you! That shows how they falsely regarded you - "a madman that would kill others". They were pretty much telling you that they thought of you as a weirdo that stood out. How could a school/teachers be so insensitive/cruel? They obviously think if you are different from others, you have no human feelings. That kind of comment can further damage one's self-esteem. That's how they punish and further hurt a person that's struggling to fit in and already suffering. It's understandable that even now you are bothered about that.

My case didn't go that far but an incident at work was very hurtful. I was suspected of doing something malicious that was happening at work. I was actually being watched so that they could catch me doing it. I wasn't aware of being watched at the time. Eventually the real culprit was caught and they realized it wasn't me. I struggle to fit in at work and am seen as a weirdo. My bosses and coworkers create a false image of me and treat me based on that image. That incident made me feel further isolated at work though I did absolutely nothing wrong. It was very hurtful and it still is.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:55 pm

I'm sorry that happened to you. It seems kinda silly. Would any shooter told their teacher about their plans? :D It's hard to be different. Still I don't believe most kids even the most oppressed would want to attack others randomly.

And I hope that girl wasn't expelled just for carrying a knife. Unless they gave her warnings before. Canadian children used to all carry pocket knives. (Actually Chinese kids did, too. How would we sharpen pencils otherwise?) Sometimes I think that teachers should have access to guns so they can defend the schools from shooters.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 12:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That’s what I’m saying.

People who constantly talk about guns, and little else, generally are extra-vigilant types.

Most people who do target shooting, and have collections of guns, don’t constantly TALK about guns. They have more important things on their minds. They are very conscious about gun safety. They wouldn’t leave loaded guns, ammunition around casually. They would lock them up.

I don't think you've ever been in the country... People are for the most part very conscious of gun safety, but having guns and ammo just kinda around is normal. You don't have to keep guns and ammo locked up all the time to be safe. After all, how are you going to use it when you need to if it's unloaded and all locked up in a safe.

Guns are also not something that are a taboo conversation here. It's like talking about cars. There are a lot of people who talk about them frequently, but aren't dangerous or crazy. Guns are just part of life out here. I've had neighbors, contractors, and various other people even show me their carry peice and hand it to me to hold/look at. We also had lots of people (including the sellers) tell us that if we didn't already have guns, we needed to buy some.

Our small town mom&pop feed store sells ammo and crossbows (I have no doubt they would sell guns if it wasn't so much of a hassle). It's not a large part of their inventory, but they do carry some. Our local small town grocery store sells tennerite. The jewelry store that we have bought rings at, also sells guns. It's not a large part of their inventory, but they have a little section with two display cases full and the section of wall behind it.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2022, 8:45 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
No.....most people in the United States DON'T constantly think about guns....

They do. It's always about guns over there. I heard that there's a school shooting every month but I'm not sure how true that is. Also Americans seem to associate shy people with murderers. Over here people associate aggressive or psychopath people with murderers.

Yes! People have this impression that weird = dangerous.

In reality, I've concluded that the #1 trait is narcissistic personality disorder. It takes someone who thinks they are the center of the world to believe that killing people is their right.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2022, 8:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's so much "gun talk"----because there's so much that is happening as a result of the availability of guns.

Some people believe in the "right to bear arms." They believe if the government restricts gun ownership, that the government is intruding upon their private lives. Most of these people believe in being really careful with guns, and are responsible gun owners.

However, too many guns are winding up in the hands of the wrong people.

I believe, strongly, in strict controls on who is able to own guns. And I don't see why a private citizen has to have military-style weapons.

I've never owned a gun in my life----and I don't know anybody who does own a gun. One time, some guy who wanted to be thought of as a "tough guy" showed me a gun. He was very surreptitious about it, very whispery. He only told people he "trusted" about the existence of the gun. Many people take guns very seriously in the United States.

Here is the pretty dumb thing about the 2nd A that most people don't get.

The writers of the constitution used "people" to refer to governments and "citizen" to refer to individuals.

So when it says "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed" they are talking about the state's right to form a militia. It even says "well regulated militia."

It got re interpreted as a right to PERSONAL ownership by a radical supreme court.

Read through the constitution yourself and note how it refers to "people" as governments as in "we the people of the united states..." is "we the government of the united states"

When it talks about individuals it explicitly says citizen.

What gets me about originalists is if you really want to be hardcore originalist their definition of arms were 18th century weaponry. I don't think you would call a 18th century musket the same category of weapon as an AR-15. You get an AR-15 because you want to shoot someone far away hiding behind a barrier.