One sided conversations, inappropriate social reactions

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:18 pm

All those things, though my speech tonal variation has improved in recent years. These things do improve with age.

A guy I met in driving school around age 16 told me I have "like poorly synthesized voice", sounds a lot like robotic, doesn't it?

Conversations with me tend to be very one-sided, either them or me, but seldom ever both.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:32 pm

My voice is very enthusiastic, prosodic, and childlike with my daughter.
We have our own language and I do a lot of echolalia or animal sounds.
People stare at us like we're crazy in public, but it's fun.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 1:41 pm

Noamx wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a question about my Asperger Syndrome.

Well basically, I was hoping if you can please read the symptoms written in this photo, and if you can please explain, if you have these symptoms yourself too, or if you possibly know how to deal better with these symptoms?

Thank you. I'm attaching the photo now.

If you cant see the photo, please go to this link:

https://slideplayer.com/slide/13026481/ ... mptoms.jpg

https://ibb.co/4dx3221

First I will start with this. Aspergers/Autism is a disorder not a personality trait. The things listed in the photo are things that can be a part of the disorder but, not exclusive to only Autism. I have met people not on the spectrum that have one-sided conversations and do inappropriate social reactions.

Now on to the part that makes me question the viability of this diagnosis(or at least you having problems in these areas). You put in your signature that one of your hobbies is "sex/getting laid", does that mean you like to talk about these things and read about that or that you are actually doing said thing? If you are as promiscuous as your signature would suggest then I highly doubt the photo applies to you because to even have that type of lifestyle you would have to have the OPPOSITE of that list. Someone with all of those lack of better wording, "social deficits" would not be living the life of a "Don Juan".

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 2:14 pm

^
That was weird. 8O

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2022, 11:48 am

AquaineBay wrote:
Now on to the part that makes me question the viability of this diagnosis(or at least you having problems in these areas). You put in your signature that one of your hobbies is "sex/getting laid", does that mean you like to talk about these things and read about that or that you are actually doing said thing? If you are as promiscuous as your signature would suggest then I highly doubt the photo applies to you because to even have that type of lifestyle you would have to have the OPPOSITE of that list. Someone with all of those lack of better wording, "social deficits" would not be living the life of a "Don Juan".

Hey, maybe he's paying?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 10:44 am

Limited or inappropriate social reactions:
This varies -- depending on the situation, exposure/experience, current emotional regulation levels...

Robotic or repetitive speech:
Also varies. My tone varies too much. Repetitive speech may or may not to do with auditory processing issues.

Difficulty with nonverbal communication:
Depends. Mostly because I don't pay attention, or too overwhelmed to do so.

Tendency to discuss self rather than others:
I don't have such impulses in real life.
More like I do not talk about others -- for good or for ill -- simple as that. And less about being focused about being focused on myself.
The main reason why I may do so -- more so online -- is because of internal regulation and mismatch of my internal references vs NT's in general.

Inability to understand social/emotional issues and non-literal phrases:
Partially language issue than social, partially unfamiliarity, and partially non acceptance.
Really, how does one learn well about emotional issues in general when people around you are not very understanding towards yourself to begin with?

Obsession with specific, often unusual, topics:
Covertly, yes. Overtly -- nonverbally. I only show, almost never tell.

Has one-sided conversations:
It's more to do with either auditory and attentional differences, or poor timing (which I'm aware of when it happens). And less to do with having prefer topics.

Awkward movements or mannerisms:
Varies. This is mainly true when I'm inattentive and clumsy as a result. I'm not naturally or initially inattentive or clumsy -- that mainly happens when overwhelmed or dysregulated.
If anything, I lean towards hostile, aloof or closed off than awkward.

My social issues just very much boils down to internal regulation resulting behaviors than autistic traits resulting behaviors. :?
The most autistic relevant reason why I have social issues are very much to do with language, vulnerabilities to stress and sensory overload, and being asocial than being socially awkward itself.

If I truly, truly want to be social and to be in -- I won't be a try-hard socially awkward, stiff and anxious.
That's just not who I'm either ways.