Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 10:24 am

Two new apprentices in work have joined and part of their apprenticeship is completing the Welsh Baccalaureate. So far so good most people will think but there's a problem that's really irritating one of the apprentices......this is his third time he's been forced to do it.

The Welsh Baccalaureate is basically a high school+ level qualification here but this apprentice is beging to find it an intrusive drain on his learning having to do the same course over and over and over again. The worst part about it is that it still only counts as a single qualification despite sinking far to many man hours into it. He feels like the second he applies for another collage course the collages strips him of his previous Baccalaureate and makes him do it all over again (which they are)

I told him to share coursework with another or pressure the teacher for a zero effort pass. He cheated his second time and copied someone elses work.

I don't really know if he should bring up this frankly bonkers situation with the college top brass?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 1:17 pm

If the system was putting me through hell for no good reason like that and there was no other way to fix the situation, I'd consider cheating. I don't like dishonesty, but if it's the only self-defense tool I have, I'm willing to make an exception.

Talking to the bigwigs who might be able to fix it is possibly worth a shot first though. Maybe somebody up there actually gives a damn about the students.