Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2022, 2:31 pm

Are there any fellow artists out there?

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2022, 1:19 am

I am! I'm not really good at it yet, but I find it to be super relaxing! Got any of your work to share?

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2022, 7:49 pm

I'm also an artist! (See my avatar for an example.) I second the request to see some of your art. I really enjoy looking at my fellow creatives' work. :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 7:59 pm

Some of you are very tallented but to those who are less tallented just enjoy!
I could do with trying art as I want to paint some scenery.

SophieLee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2022, 1:36 am

Hi!
I'm new here, yes I like to draw and paint. started taking classes and it's really helpful. Learn a lot, about how to properly draw proportions of the body for instance. To get this right is almost like a scientific study in itself - how do the bones relate to each other in posture, appearance etc.

Authentique
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2022, 3:32 am

Welcome, I'm new here too. I like to paint, pretty new at that too. Mostly acrylic, some watercolor. Maybe I'll show some of mine when I feel more confident about my skills.

phonytemplar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2022, 6:58 pm

Yeah I draw digitally, it's my job. The trick is managing my perfectionist compulsions and anxiety while doing so. Makes projects incredibly hard to finish.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 5:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Asdforlife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2022, 5:43 am

I love to draw but find it really hard to find a good art class, i mainly go on you tube for tips.

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2022, 12:54 pm

phonytemplar wrote:
Yeah I draw digitally, it's my job. The trick is managing my perfectionist compulsions and anxiety while doing so. Makes projects incredibly hard to finish.

How do you draw digitally? I am not good at drawing. But maybe I try digital methods. I have a deep desire to create art. I wrote a book in the past but I couldn't manage to publish it. I had been writing poems in the past even when I was a kid. But I stopped. Because I came to a conclusion that what I feel cannot be described by words. I don't waste my time to do that no more. Maybe drawings can be an option.

phonytemplar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2022, 3:53 am

Carl Friedrich Gauss wrote:
phonytemplar wrote:

How do you draw digitally? I am not good at drawing. But maybe I try digital methods. I have a deep desire to create art. I wrote a book in the past but I couldn't manage to publish it. I had been writing poems in the past even when I was a kid. But I stopped. Because I came to a conclusion that what I feel cannot be described by words. I don't waste my time to do that no more. Maybe drawings can be an option.

I use a Huion tablet. It's difficult finding a tablet that matches your personal prefs, and they're expensive (though some Wacoms are pretty cheap).

That barrier is the same reason I stopped writing, that and because everything I've written in over a decade is horrible. I think the written word is dwarfed too much for small writers to have hope.

If you want an outlet besides writing, you can try drawing. Just understand that it's a commitment if you wanna be any good.

phonytemplar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2022, 3:56 am

Asdforlife wrote:
I love to draw but find it really hard to find a good art class, i mainly go on you tube for tips.

Many people need a mentor if you're pursuing it seriously. Network with people for references.

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

12 Nov 2022, 3:57 am

Thanks for the reply.