Sitting with your back toward the door

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 10:57 am

I minimize the time I spend with my back exposed. However sometimes situations, it is not practical to sit with your back against the wall

A customer asked me to load some merchandise into her car and while I was trying to do that she had the nerve to pat me on the back (in a friendly way) and she scared the s**t out of me and I almost dropped the z merchandise. But I could not have avoided the situation altogether because I don't have eyes in the back of my head

A coworker had the nerve to poke me in the back with sticks and I screamed. He had worked there longer than me and I worked there 18 months and he had zero interactions with me so I was not expecting it

My job hires convicted felons

Some of the customers look or act in ways that make me uncomfortable and suspicious but they are usually not doing anything that I have to tattle on and there are only two cops and that is not enough and the cops sometimes busy or standing around flapping their traps

Especially at work, you are so vulnerable every time you turn your background on those lil dipshits

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 11:10 am

It depends on the door. if its a door I can't lock, then I'd rather be facing it. Doors at work don't bother me much, because they are restricted-access and only people who are supposed to be using them are able to. At a restaurant, I like a seat facing the door.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 3:41 pm

I used to like the "gun fighter's seat" with my back to the wall and a clear view of all the entrances and exits.

(pretend you are in a cowboy movie).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:55 am

I'd rather sit with my back to the wall. I'd be too distracted by the door behind me always opening and closing.