Why many women dislike socially awkward men

Page 8 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2022, 3:06 am

Like what? A priest telling them it's a sin? Parents suddenly entering bedroom? A friend driving a drunk girl home?

I prefer the plushie :heart:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 3:12 am

magz wrote:
Like what? A priest telling them it's a sin? Parents suddenly entering bedroom? A friend driving a drunk girl home?

I prefer the plushie :heart:

Yeah, someone interrupting an intimate moment. Or other causality.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 3:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Nobody EVER thought I was sleazy :)

They just thought I was a little overbearing in me showing interest in them.

A lot of single women notoriously run rings around socially awkward men. If they don't measure up (which is most men) then there's literally a thousand ways to cock block a man.

Less desirable men are considered "sleazy" when they say "hello". Attractive well paid alpha types are "players" when they make a move.

How dare these women stop men they're not into from having sex with them!! !!

What a sick world we are in.

Edit: I've been accused of cock blocking myself.....I definitely wasn't interested in having sex with the person that said this.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2022, 4:51 am

I'm confused again: is refusing to have sex with someone cock blocking or not?
Is believing in "premarital purity" cock blocking?
Is encouraging a friend that it's okay to say "no" cock blocking?

Is rescuing someone from an attempted rape cock blocking?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 4:58 am

No, the blocker is a 3rd person.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:02 am

magz wrote:
I'm confused again: is refusing to have sex with someone cock blocking or not?
Is believing in "premarital purity" cock blocking?
Is encouraging a friend that it's okay to say "no" cock blocking?
Is rescuing someone from an attempted rape cock blocking?

Generally cock blocking is done by a third party who is separate from the woman the guy is trying get in bed.

The woman herself isn't cock blocking by saying no and obviously stopping a rape isn't cock blocking too.

I consider it bad manners for someone else to just shoehorn themselves into such situations with the intention of "rejecting" a man on a woman's behalf. It shows complete disregard to that womans intentions.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:40 am

^ Thanks for explaining that.

I got a bit confused too. People seem to be using the word incorrectly.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:42 am

Mitchell M. wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
^You certainly would have dug me in high school!

Jokes aside, I would have been nice to you. I was always mean to the chad/bad boy types.

Posts on L&D where they complain about women going for that type completely confuse me as that is not my experience.

What is your opinion on the chad/bad boy type if he is on the spectrum?

If he's sleazy then I will be grossed out, regardless of how attractive others may find him.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:45 am

Where_am_I wrote:
^ Thanks for explaining that.

I got a bit confused too. People seem to be using the word incorrectly.

They might incorrectly use it on a woman who by her own choice rejected a man because the phrase "cock block" has negative connotations. Sort of like calling someone a Bible basher or something.

Actual cock blocking is bad and has no business in the world of dating and sex but a woman rejecting a man isn't cock blocking at all.

It can be deliberately used on a woman (and incorrectly) with the intention to cause them offence.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:55 am

^ Ah, now that makes sense. I hope Cyberdad is reading this and learning.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:57 am

magz wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Nobody EVER thought I was sleazy :)

They just thought I was a little overbearing in me showing interest in them.

A lot of single women notoriously run rings around socially awkward men. If they don't measure up (which is most men) then there's literally a thousand ways to cock block a man.

Less desirable men are considered "sleazy" when they say "hello". Attractive well paid alpha types are "players" when they make a move.

What is "cock block"? Refusing to have sex with someone?
Isn't it a form of badly entitled attitude?

Actually I misuse it. Most of the time in the real world single girls are in groups so when a man is brave enough to wander across and strike up a conversation the girl who is the target of the attention literally doesn't have to say anything as her friends size up the dude and then tell him "to take a hike". That's where the term "cock blocking" comes from (at least here in Australia).

But effectively even if we are talking about the target of the man's attention, there's a thousand ways she can send him on his way which is effectively the same thing....blocking his window of opportunity for sex.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:58 am

Where_am_I wrote:
^ Ah, now that makes sense. I hope Cyberdad is reading this and learning.

:lol: you know it's rather hard to teach an old dog new tricks

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2022, 6:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
magz wrote:
What is "cock block"? Refusing to have sex with someone?
Isn't it a form of badly entitled attitude?

Actually I misuse it. Most of the time in the real world single girls are in groups so when a man is brave enough to wander across and strike up a conversation the girl who is the target of the attention literally doesn't have to say anything as her friends size up the dude and then tell him "to take a hike". That's where the term "cock blocking" comes from (at least here in Australia).

But effectively even if we are talking about the target of the man's attention, there's a thousand ways she can send him on his way which is effectively the same thing....blocking his window of opportunity for sex.
Then cultural differences again.
I'm from continental Europe where people socialize in mixed circles, making "friendship first" the most common tactics.
"Opportunities for sex" are blocked by default. It would be impossible to socialize like that if every man you approach read it as an opportunity for sex.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 7:06 am

magz wrote:
That's true but you guys need to realize that desperation is among the most powerful off-putting factors.
Finding your niche for a satisfying life outside of dating is the best way to counter it. Being genuinely happy with your life is attractive.

This. No man will succeed on a date (by which I mean get to a second date) if he is approaching it like life and death. You have to approach it with the attitude that you are going out to enjoy yourself, have good conversation, smile and laugh, and if something more happens, great, and if not, que sera sera.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 7:29 am

magz wrote:
It would be impossible to socialize like that if every man you approach read it as an opportunity for sex.

Possibly this is cultural. A lot of this is cliques. Cliques form in our late teens and 20s where within the clique we find our lovers, friends and future spouses.

When a lone man moves to a group he is literally taking on the entire clique. A good example of this is the 1990s sitcom "Friends" where the group (men and women) basically cock block any newcomer who have to pass a number of initiate tests before he/she is accepted by the group.

SkinnyElephant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2022, 4:33 pm

magz wrote:
SkinnyElephant wrote:
magz wrote:
My "creepy" radar beeps at desperate men.
Socially awkward ones who have otherwise interesting lives (plenty of them in the Faculty of Physics) are fine.
A lot of socially awkward men become desperate due to the fact it's harder for us to succeed in the dating/sex game (compared to socially gifted men)
That's true but you guys need to realize that desperation is among the most powerful off-putting factors.
Finding your niche for a satisfying life outside of dating is the best way to counter it. Being genuinely happy with your life is attractive.

Dating isn't everything. However, if you want a date (yet struggle to get one), you won't become genuinely happy with life.

The only reason I lost the desperation: I'm too busy with work to commit to a girlfriend anyway.

If it weren't for how busy my work schedule became, I'd still be every bit as desperate.