Page 11 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 3:21 am

In the U.S the feds approved abortion pills to be sent all over the country. LIke for sure now people in legal states could buy abortion pills and send them to people in red states to help them get pill abortions at least. It is stupid in 2023 I have to be saying federally approved abortion pill is finally protected and celibrate that. LIke at this point my grandma had more rights than me when she was in her 20's cause it was legal to get an abortion back then and now in the future women die from being forced to carry non-viable fetuses to term.

Yeah such a great future... :roll:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 3:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
In the U.S the feds approved abortion pills to be sent all over the country. LIke for sure now people in legal states could buy abortion pills and send them to people in red states to help them get pill abortions at least. It is stupid in 2023 I have to be saying federally approved abortion pill is finally protected and celibrate that. LIke at this point my grandma had more rights than me when she was in her 20's cause it was legal to get an abortion back then and now in the future women die from being forced to carry non-viable fetuses to term.

That’s great news. Thanks for sharing.

I hadn’t heard that yet.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 3:38 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That’s great news. Thanks for sharing.

I hadn’t heard that yet.

Yeah I am hoping I am correct and didn't just misread the thing, but yeah if that is true it means its not illegal to get abortion pills federallly so may help people in red states. I mean for sure if I hear of any charity or anything you can donate abortion pills to to get them to people in red states I would for sure buy some to send over to them. I am just worried about teen girls who get pregnant and might have a hard time accesing even that if their parents are pro-life. I mean I got my period when I was 12 ,I cannot imagine being foreced to carry a pregnancy at that age, I mean I like fainted from my period because I was bleeding so much I can't imagine being forced to carry a rapists baby at that age. like I was still a freaking kid when I got my period, not even out of 6th grade.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 8:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Yeah such a great future... :roll:

Yes it's good news about abortion pills being legal but it's crazy to think grandmothers had more legal rights than their granddaughters. I thought humans were supposed to evolve and become more enlightened, not go backwards.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 8:12 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yeah I am hoping I am correct and didn't just misread the thing, but yeah if that is true it means its not illegal to get abortion pills federallly so may help people in red states. I mean for sure if I hear of any charity or anything you can donate abortion pills to to get them to people in red states I would for sure buy some to send over to them. I am just worried about teen girls who get pregnant and might have a hard time accesing even that if their parents are pro-life. I mean I got my period when I was 12 ,I cannot imagine being foreced to carry a pregnancy at that age, I mean I like fainted from my period because I was bleeding so much I can't imagine being forced to carry a rapists baby at that age. like I was still a freaking kid when I got my period, not even out of 6th grade.

That's the thing isn't it. Girls get their periods from age 11 or younger. No way are their bodies or minds old enough to carry a baby to term, and they shouldn't be forced to. No one should be forced to carry a baby they don't want or can't look after. It's a major undertaking for a human body to go through pregnancy and childbirth anyway, so if you didn't plan for it, it will ruin your life.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 7:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Here is an excerpt from a relevant New York Times story from 6 days ago:

Quote:
Mifepristone, the first of two drugs in medication abortions, previously had to be dispensed only by clinics, doctors or a few mail-order pharmacies. Now, if local drugstores or chains like CVS agree to certain rules, they can provide it.

For the first time, retail pharmacies, from corner drugstores to major chains like CVS and Walgreens, will be allowed to offer abortion pills in the United States under a regulatory change made Tuesday by the Food and Drug Administration. The action could significantly expand access to abortion through medication.

Until now, mifepristone — the first pill used in the two-drug medication abortion regimen — could be dispensed only by a few mail-order pharmacies or by specially certified doctors or clinics. Under the new F.D.A. rules, patients will still need a prescription from a certified health care provider, but any pharmacy that agrees to accept those prescriptions and abide by certain other criteria can dispense the pills in its stores and by mail order.

The change comes as abortion pills, already used in more than half of pregnancy terminations in the U.S., are becoming even more sought after in the aftermath of last year’s Supreme Court decision overturning the federal right to abortion. With conservative states banning or sharply restricting abortion, the pills have increasingly become the focus of political and legal battles, which may influence a pharmacy’s decision about whether or not to dispense the medication.

The F.D.A. did not issue an announcement but updated its website to reflect the decision and added to a series of questions and answers. The two makers of the pill, Danco Laboratories and GenBioPro, released statements saying the agency had informed them of the action.

The action is the latest step taken by the federal government to expand access to abortion pills by easing some of the restrictions that have applied to mifepristone since it was approved in 2000.

[...]

Mifepristone, which blocks a hormone necessary for pregnancy development, is authorized by the F.D.A. to be taken in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, although many clinics and telemedicine providers have begun offering it up to 12 or 13 weeks into pregnancy, a step they can legally take because there is scientific evidence that the pills are safe and effective in that time frame.

The second drug in the regimen, misoprostol, has never been as tightly restricted as mifepristone and is used for many different medical conditions; it is easily obtained at pharmacies through a typical prescription process. Misoprostol, which causes contractions that expel pregnancy tissue, is taken 24 to 48 hours after mifepristone.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 8:26 am

So, good news:

1. It's Friday!
2. I've done a lot of my work, more than I thought, and it was more interesting than I thought.
3. I slept in til 10am this morning, my daughter had to wake me up! :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 8:17 am

Thinking of good news.

1. Again, I'm enjoying my work, it's a more light hearted book this time.
2. The days are getting lighter, spring is on its way!
3. We had a lovely celebration for our daughter's birthday last week.
4. I'm really enjoying writing my current fanfic, it is making me laugh a lot.
5. I bought myself lots of food treats, which is difficult due to my health problems, but they were all in stock!