Are there any other autism forums that are active?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 8:46 am

No, I am not leaving this place or anything like that. I just want to find another autism forum for a fresh start and perhaps not say/do some of the things I did here to make valuable connections. But don't worry, I am still here :)

In any case, a long time before coming here I used to participate in MGH Neurology, which later was renamed into "Braintalk Communities". Those communities are still around, but they are a lot less active than before (in the past there were multiple posts a day, now there maybe one post per months). Similarly, I used to participate in Delphi forums. Again, they are still here, but far less active.

The only place thats active is "Aspie Central". But I allienated people there, as well.

So any other suggestions on where to go?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 9:02 am

If you know that you're alienating people wherever you go then maybe it's time to stay put and learn a way of expressing yourself without alienating people.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 9:55 am

WP, and Aspie Central, are pretty much it.

Back in the early 2000s, when I didnt even know about Wrong Planet, I was active on "The Aspie Hangout" on Delphi Forums.

Its still there, but for the last ten years its been a total ghost town.

You can try it if you like. But youll probably just hear crickets chirping.

Shadweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2022, 11:15 am

https://community.autism.org.uk hosted by the National Autistic Society (UK) is active. It's not as busy or big as this place though.

I guess it's kind of fortunate now that thanks to the internet there are good forums like this as well as other resources such as You Tube available for us Autistics. Whenever I start wondering what things might have been like If I'd been diagnosed when I was in my 20s back in the 1990s or even earlier, I realise that there were no resources like this, so any diagnosis at that point would most likely have felt a lot more isolating, alienating, scary, and stigmatising. These resources certainly help reduce the first 3 things and I am thankful for that much.

Last edited by Shadweller on 08 Oct 2022, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:42 am

The written report from the psychologist who assessed me mentioned two websites that "provide information and forums for adults with ASD:" Wrong Planet and https://grasp.org/.

I find WP comfortable for me. I have not tried Grasp and have no idea what you would find there.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:46 am

There are a couple of subreddits you might look into.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/autism/

EternityDreamers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2023, 8:35 am

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2023, 11:28 am

Here is my list of various Online forums and social media communities for autistic people, including message boards, subreddits, and Twitter hashtags.