Page 5 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 9:49 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It's all a sham claiming it's only relegated to the right, when there are scores of filthy rich people on the left. Look at the biggest very blue city in your own state, where hosing is completely unaffordable to the poor, and there are tent villages everywhere.

Not everyone who lives in a blue state is a leftist. Even in blue states, we have powerful real estate lobbies whose number one goal is to keep property values as high as possible via zoning laws, etc. This is not something leftists want. But, even here, leftists are just not powerful enough to prevail against the real estate interests most of the time.

Anyhow, the underlying reason why big-city property values are able to get so high, in the first place, is that many more people want to live here than there is housing available for. Supply and demand.

Leftists and the more consistent libertarians BOTH want less-restrictive zoning laws, e.g. to allow two-family houses in zones now limited to single-family houses. But both the big landlords and organized home-owner groups want to keep restrictive zoning.

Matrix Glitch wrote:
They're using the words of Christ in total hypocrisy. Really what they're wanting is a society that's run by and dependent upon their democrat government. Because they've been brainwashed to think that's what's best for everyone. The democrat side is give the man a fish and make him dependent. The republican side is teach the man to fish and make him independent.

Nope. Leftists are the ones who want higher education (a necessary prerequisite to most decent-paying jobs) to be either free or at least lower-cost. On the other hand, there are plenty of right wingers who want to get rid of free public education even at the most basic level. Thus, leftists want both to "teach the man to fish" and to "give the man a fish" when there are not enough jobs available, whereas the afore-mentioned right wingers want neither.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 17 Oct 2022, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 9:58 am

Kanye West claims George Floyd died by fentanyl; Floyd’s family considers lawsuit

Quote:
Kanye West continues to create outrage.

The outspoken rapper contended in a new interview that George Floyd died of the drug fentanyl, and not from the actions of the Minnesota police officer who was convicted of his murder.

“They hit him with the fentanyl. If you look, the guy’s knee wasn’t even on his neck like that,” West claimed on Sunday’s episode of the Revolt TV show “Drink Champs.”

West, 45, made the claim after saying he recently attended the premiere of “Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM,” a documentary by conservative commentator Candace Owens.

West’s comments could prompt legal action, civil rights attorney Lee Merritt said Sunday.

While one cannot defame the dead, the family of #GeorgeFloyd is considering suit for Kanye’s false statements about the manner of his death,” Merritt tweeted. “Claiming Floyd died from fentanyl not the brutality established criminally and civilly undermines & diminishes the Floyd family’s fight.

Even Trump Says Kanye West Is Acting Too ‘Crazy’ and Needs ‘Help’
Quote:
Kanye West’s ongoing public meltdown and antisemitic outbursts have become too extreme even for the famous rapper’s most unapologetic, scandal-prone backers. This now includes the leader of the Republican Party, who used to brag that West was “a friend of mine for a long time.”

In the days since West punctuated his recent tirades by posting to Twitter that he planned to go “death con 3” on “JEWISH PEOPLE,” former President Donald Trump has told multiple people that West is acting too “crazy” and that he needs some professional “help,” according to two sources with knowledge of the matter

The former president’s comments came before West’s antisemitism hit a new level in an interview released this weekend.

Trump has also privately signaled that it’s best if he keeps his mouth shut about West for now — an atypical move for the ex-president who has long relished sharing his unsolicited opinions on celebrity news and A-list tabloid gossip.

Trump’s distance from West is strategic — and not rooted in any objection moral objection, the president made clear implicitly on Sunday. Posting to his struggling social media platform Truth Social, Trump berated American Jewish voters over an alleged lack of gratitude to him. “No President has done more for Israel than I have,” Trump wrote. “Somewhat surprisingly, however, our wonderful Evangelicals are far more appreciative of this than the people of the Jewish faith, especially those living in the U.S.”

But even as he lashes out wildly on social media, Trump has thus far kept a calculated distance from the Trump-backing hip-hop artist in the aftermath of the “JEWISH PEOPLE” tweet and also West’s display of “White Lives Matter” attire. It is unclear if there has been any private communication in recent days between West and Trump.

For years, West and Trump have courted one another’s favor, beginning around the 2016 presidential election. West has repeatedly played the role of MAGA provocateur with appearances in a MAGA hat on SNL and fawning praise for Trump on Fox News. In turn, Trump has indulged West with public meetings at Trump Tower and the White House and an effort to secure the release of West’s friend, A$AP Rocky, after the rapper was charged with assault in Sweden.

Within the MAGA and GOP elite, it’s not just former President Trump who now thinks West is losing it. Darrell Scott, an Ohio pastor and staunch Trump ally who once counted West as an “acquaintance” in the days of the Trump administration, has since blasted the rapper as a “clown” who is spewing “some bullcrap” these days. Scott adds that he was annoyed at how West, during his Fox News sit-down, “threw Jared [Kushner] under the bus.”

West lashed out at Trump’s son-in-law and former top White House aide during that interview. After criticizing Jared’s brother Josh Kushner’s investment in a Kim Kardashian clothing company, the rapper said of Jared Kushner’s Middle East diplomatic work on Arab-Israeli relations: “I just think it was to make money.”

Scott tells Rolling Stone that just moments after the Carlson interview aired, Scott got on the phone with Kushner’s father-in-law so they could unpack what had transpired. Trump, if anything, sounded bemused by what he had just seen on TV.

“Two minutes after the Tucker segment ended, I called up Trump and asked him, ‘So, what did you think?’” says the pastor.

Trump paused to gather his thoughts, before simply replying: “… Interesting.”

“But then [Trump] said, ‘I will say this — he loves Trump!’ and he and I both laughed. I jokingly told him we’ll see what your poll numbers look like in the morning and we had [another] good laugh over it,” Scott recalls.

The Cleveland-area pastor says he then told the ex-president that West “sure threw Jared under the bus,” to which Trump responded:

‘Well, these things happen sometimes”.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 10:47 am

Adidas terminates partnership with Ye following rapper’s antisemitic remarks

Quote:
Adidas on Tuesday ended its partnership with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, after the musician made a series of offensive and antisemitic comments.

Adidas said in a statement: “Adidas does not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech. Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness”.

said this would have a short-term negative impact of up to 250 million euros ($246 million) on net income in 2022 due to high seasonality in the fourth quarter.

It added that it was the “sole owner of all design rights to existing products as well as previous and new colorways under the partnership” and would provide more information during third quarter earnings on Nov. 9.

The German sportswear giant had faced pressure from the public and its own employees to cut ties with Ye, who said on a podcast on Oct. 16: “I can say anti-Semitic things, and Adidas can’t drop me. Now what?”

Calls on Adidas had also come from at least three legal organizations, as well as anti-racism groups. A Change.org petition set up by the Campaign Against Antisemitism urging Adidas to sever ties with Ye had gathered 169,100 signatures by Tuesday morning.

All three of those groups, The Anti-Defamation League, StopAntisemistism and the International Legal Forum applauded the move by Adidas on Tuesday.

Talent agency CAA drops Ye after antisemitic posts
Quote:
Hollywood talent powerhouse Creative Artists Agency has cut ties with Kanye West, now legally known as Ye, following a series of antisemitic remarks by the artist.

The agency has officially dropped the rapper as a client, a source familiar with the matter confirmed to CBS MoneyWatch.

On Monday, film and television studio MRC Entertainment also said it would scrap a completed documentary about the rapper.

“Kanye is a producer and sampler of music. Last week he sampled and remixed a classic tune that has charted for over 3000 years — the lie that Jews are evil and conspire to control the world for their own gain," MRC said in a statement on its website.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 4:45 pm

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 2:13 am

At this rate Kanye will go from billionaire to this

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 7:41 am

Kanye West's controversial $15,000-a-year school has abruptly shut its doors, reports say, amid a backlash over his antisemitic comments

Quote:
Donda Academy, the controversial private school founded by Kanye West earlier this year, has closed with immediate effect, reports say and a social-media post deleted by the rapper appears to show.

The apparent abrupt closure comes amid continuing fallout from West's recent antisemitic comments, which this week led Adidas to terminate its partnership with the rapper-turned-businessman.

Hollywood Unlocked said it had obtained an email sent to parents of Donda Academy students, saying that "at the discretion of our founder, Donda Academy will close for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year effective immediately." The Times of London said the email was sent by the school's principal, Jason Angell. Screenshots of the email also circulated online.

West appeared to confirm the news in a since-deleted Instagram post directed at Jason Lee, CEO of Hollywood Unlocked, which was first to report on the email. "Here's the clout you're looking for," West said in the deleted post. "My school is being shut down."

Per Hollywood Unlocked, Angell says in his email that the school intends to reopen in September 2023, adding that "we are confident that our scholars will continue to advance as the creative innovators, influencers and academic leaders of the next generation.

Kanye West wax figure removed from Madame Tussauds
Quote:
London's famous waxwork museum Madame Tussauds says it has removed a wax figure of Kanye West from public view.

The model of Mr West, who legally changed his name to Ye, has now been moved to an archive by the museum.
A spokesperson for Madame Tussauds London said the museum "listens" to the public about "what they expect to see".
The figurine was originally launched in the museum in 2015 alongside a waxwork of his then-wife Kim Kardashian.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 4:00 pm

There is a claim he is no longer a billionaire as most of his assets are locked into his business interests.

He may be relying on his cash which would be depleting fast ($140m)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 5:35 pm

Kanye West has a disturbing history of admiring Hitler, sources tell CNN

Quote:
Several people who were once close to the artist formerly known as Kanye West told CNN that he has long been fascinated by Adolf Hitler — and once wanted to name an album after the Nazi leader.

A business executive who worked for West, who now goes by Ye, told CNN that the artist created a hostile work environment, in part through his “obsession” with Hitler.

“He would praise Hitler by saying how incredible it was that he was able to accumulate so much power and would talk about all the great things he and the Nazi Party achieved for the German people,” the individual told CNN.

The executive left his position and reached a settlement with West and some of his companies over workplace complaints, including harassment, which CNN has reviewed. The former executive asked not to be named due to a confidentiality agreement and fear of retribution by West. According to the agreement, West denied the executive’s allegations.

The executive told CNN that West spoke openly about reading “Mein Kampf,” Hitler’s 1925 autobiographical manifesto and expressed his “admiration” for the Nazis and Hitler for their use of propaganda.

This individual stated that people in West’s inner circle were “fully aware” of his interest in Hitler. Four sources told CNN that West had originally suggested the title “Hitler” for his 2018 album that eventually released as “Ye.” They did not want to be named, citing concern for professional retribution.

CNN has reached out to West for comment.

Universal Music Group, owner of Def Jam, which used to distribute West’s music, said in a statement to CNN Tuesday that the company’s relationship with his GOOD Music label ended last year.

Van Lathan Jr., a former TMZ employee, who confronted West during his 2018 interview at their offices in which West said slavery “sounds like a choice,” recently claimed on a podcast that West also made antisemitic comments during their conversation that the outlet did not release publicly. That’s why Lathan said his current comments didn’t surprise him.

“I already heard him say that stuff before at TMZ,” Lathan said during an episode of the “Higher Learning” podcast earlier this month. “I mean, I was taken aback because that type of antisemitic talk is disgusting. It’s like, I’m taken aback any time anyone does that, right? But as far as [West], I knew that that was in him because when he came to TMZ, he said that stuff and they took it out of the interview. … He said something like, ‘I love Hitler, I love Nazis.’ Something to that effect when he was there. And they took it out of the interview for whatever reason. It wasn’t my decision.”

One of the sources who spoke to CNN and was at the TMZ interview said West had favorably referenced Hitler.

As it turns out when I named this thread “Kanye West is still a jerk” the pejorative I used was way way way too mild. I have often condemned on these pages the over use of the “Nazi” label because I feel it cheapens the accusation against people like Kenye who are actual Nazis.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 5:39 pm

Sound like he might have done some light reading. Mein Kampf is only meant to be read with a critical eye, it's not for weak, gullible minds for sure.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 1:42 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have often condemned on these pages the over use of the “Nazi” label because I feel it cheapens the accusation against people like Kenye who are actual Nazis.

Hmmmm but is Kanye really a Nazi?

If your pet parrot squawked "Heil Hitler" and "Zeig Heil" would you call him a nazi parrot?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 1:44 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Sound like he might have done some light reading. Mein Kampf is only meant to be read with a critical eye, it's not for weak, gullible minds for sure.

Oh do tell....

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 1:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:

Oh do tell....

Really? I guess I'll have to.

I'm mildly curious. AFAIK it's not banned here.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 28 Oct 2022, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 1:56 am

r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:

Oh do tell....

I've never quite considered it worth reading but I'm curious to see any redeemable stuff Mein Fuhrer might have written in prison.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 2:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Who says the worldly Jesus is the liberal Jesus? Some of that applies to Prosperity Gospel, which is hardly left wing.

As pointed out before, the left wing says it. The only line that would appeal to the prosperity bunch is, gives you health, wealth and happiness. But the secular leftist view is similar in that Jesus is all about rainbow warm fuzzies.

Oh, I don't know. I've seen the left use Christ's words to condemn the hardheartedness toward the needy and greed of capitalists, and their apologists among the religious right. And I'm pretty sure those leftwing Christians are right.

Why isn’t this more obvious to everyone??

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 2:55 am

I have thought that a long time because of his sexism...so he hates jews to and worships adolf hitler what a cool guy... :roll:

And I hate the rehtoric that he is just mentally ill and needs help, like he's gone flow blown nazi idc if he has mental health issues he is acting like a piece of s**t. I have mental issues to, and if I started being hard-core anti-semetic and praising hitler my mental issues would not be an excuse so why should his be. Idk turns out he is no genius and just a hate filled as*hole.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:

Oh do tell....

I've never quite considered it worth reading but I'm curious to see any redeemable stuff Mein Fuhrer might have written in prison.

It is a strange book, does give you some insight into hitler....but yeah idk in my experience of reading it seemed he was quite gullible and naive but he created something terrible but he was sucked into ideology that led him that way. not to justify anything but all his ideas where not his own, there was already a lot of jew hate and he simply tried to capitalize on it. there is redeemable stuff early on, but then you can see he falls way into it to the point of doing what he did. LIke one of the worst nazis was Heinrich himmler he was actually the mastermind behind the holocaust if I recall. Hitler was bad for sure but heinrich himmler was willing to do anything to stay ahead and probably encouraged hitler towards the genocide.