Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 4:00 am

cyberdad, I don't understand how what you wrote relates to what I wrote. I didn't use the term "anti-white racism." And please re-read my second paragraph, which you didn't quote.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 4:21 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
One more thing I want to ask. What exactly is the point in BLM and the SJWs pissing off and alienating every white person in America by making sweeping accusations that every white person is inherently and irredeemably racist?

Frankly i'm starting to wonder if the leftists are secretly trying to start some kind of race war by stoking racial tensions in this country. I mean yeah the right is obviously doing the same too, but at least they are more blatantly open about it.

I'm seeing less 'progress' in America these days and more violence on the news and anger and tension everywhere I look. I don't feel safe in this country anymore.

They are trying separate white people into those that agree with them and those that are racists for the purpose of "othering" the racists. Central to their worldview, those that disagree with them and white supremacists are one and the same.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 5:01 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I'm not even sure there is a "lesser of two evils" in regard to both these movements at this point.
ASPartOfMe wrote:
The difference is that the wokes know that they are trying to tear the "systematically racist" bulwark ideas and institutions of the country, the MAGA's are under the belief that they are saving these ideas and institutions.

cyberdad wrote:
I thought the MAGAs pretend they don't exist?

Southern whites are the worst MAGAs...they pretend blacks
a) should get over slavery and stop bring up the past
b) label teaching black history as CRT

But these same hypocrites are obsessed with the confederacy and cling to their version of history which they brainwash their children with. It's as if they haven't stopped living in the past. But blacks aren't allowed to bring up their past.

The North has been more segregated than the south for decades. Trump won states north of the Mason-Dixon line
You don't have to be Southern to be a Neo-Confederate
The article describes how neo-confederate identity is a phenomenon no longer relegated to the south and has gained popularity among conservative and rural demographics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 5:32 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
cyberdad, I don't understand how what you wrote relates to what I wrote. I didn't use the term "anti-white racism." And please re-read my second paragraph, which you didn't quote.

I'm saying that whatever implicit bias held by non-white groups it does not warrant the need for awareness or training for anti-white racism because...the latter does not exist

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 12:44 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
And black people are probably considered more equal now than they were before the 1960's. I think people conveniently like to forget that we have rich and famous black people in our country. Some who are even able to buy their way out of any legal problem like Michael Jackson (pedophile), Bill Cosby (serial rapist), and O.J. Simpson (murderer). It's just like how Trump always gets with his crimes, because he's rich ahd has connections with powerful people.

No one is "forgetting" that there are some rich and famous black people. The problem is that the average black person still has to contend with systemic racism, despite the existence of these rich and famous black people -- who are only a miniscule minority among the wealthy. (See the separate thread Evidence of systemic racism, implicit bias, etc..)

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Personally as a poorly educated trailer park-living impoverished white man who is a step or two away from potential homelessness I think that the only color that truly matters here in the United States of Oligarchs is the color of one's money.

America is a sh***y country not just because of racism but because we live in a society where rich people of all colors s**t on the poor.

I agree with you that this is the single worst and main problem our country (and the world) faces. We need, above all, a well-organized and effective political movement in favor of taxing the rich, creating a better social safety net for poor and working-class people, and (re) building infrastructure.

Unfortunately, creating such a movement is much harder than mobilizing a ghettoized, marginalized minority group. Too many working-class people have bought into the extremely well-funded right wing propaganda that has taught them to hate anyone poorer than they are and to believe that government benefits of any kind, and taxation of the rich, are somehow evil. (See also the separate thread Economist here, I want to rant about why I don't tell people.)

The working-class people who believe the afore-mentioned right wing propaganda are overwhelmingly predominantly (though not exclusively) white. And it seems, to many left-wingers, that the effectiveness of right wing propaganda against the poor is due largely to an appeal (usually subliminal, but sometimes overt) to white racism (whether conscious or implicit).

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
They're probably the ones who are intentionally causing all this stupid racial tension.

Historically that's true. The original purpose of having separate racial castes in North America was to keep blacks and poor whites from uniting against wealthy white landowners.

However, in today's world, things are more complicated. More about this later.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 16 Oct 2022, 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 12:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm saying that whatever implicit bias held by non-white groups it does not warrant the need for awareness or training for anti-white racism because...the latter does not exist

The latter does not exist by definition, if you define "racism" as not just racial bias, but more specifically bias against a racial group that is marginalized in society as a whole.

The reason why "whatever implicit bias held by non-white groups it does not warrant the need for awareness or training" is because white people are not marginalized in Western society as a whole. If/when real equality is achieved, then either the anti-bias trainings won't be needed at all anymore, or, in some cases, more-mutual trainings might be needed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 3:38 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The latter does not exist by definition, if you define "racism" as not just racial bias, but more specifically bias against a racial group that is marginalized in society as a whole.

The reason why "whatever implicit bias held by non-white groups it does not warrant the need for awareness or training" is because white people are not marginalized in Western society as a whole. If/when real equality is achieved, then either the anti-bias trainings won't be needed at all anymore, or, in some cases, more-mutual trainings might be needed.

Your definition is correct because we are talking about western countries so PoC are marginalised.