Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 8:31 am

Faintinggoat wrote:
I haven't found how to reply to a specific person, but thank you Jakki. I was actually in an extended learning (gifted) program. Once in kindergarten to jump ahead to grade 2, and once in high school. However wonderful the high school experience was, it felt like a group of nerds doing nerdy things 8O

All I wanted was to be "normal" and fit in :(

Makes me think , maybe the idea of Normal needs to be looked at carefully ? Congratulations on your progressive learning curve ! :D

where ever you go ,there you are

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2022, 10:54 am

Faintinggoat wrote:
I haven't found how to reply to a specific person, but thank you Jakki. I was actually in an extended learning (gifted) program. Once in kindergarten to jump ahead to grade 2, and once in high school. However wonderful the high school experience was, it felt like a group of nerds doing nerdy things 8O

To respond to a specific person, there is a button that says "quote" above other people's posts.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 11:51 am

Faintinggoat wrote:
I was actually in an extended learning (gifted) program. Once in kindergarten to jump ahead to grade 2, and once in high school. However wonderful the high school experience was, it felt like a group of nerds doing nerdy things 8O

I can relate to that. Although I like doing nerdy stuff, I often feel a strong urge to flip the other way. I don't think it's just a desire to fit in though, in my case. It's more about wanting to do art as a refreshing alternative to science, or to put it another way, to stay in touch with my heart, which I often feel too much thinking detaches me from.