Suddenly feeling emotions a lot more strongly than usual

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kmb501
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2022, 1:37 pm

Lately I've been feeling emotions a lot more strongly than usual, and it confuses me and makes me feel sick. Normally, I can look at and write about things like gore and such without any issues, but just a few days ago, I started having very strong negative emotional reactions whenever I try to imagine it. I dislike these emotional changes and want them to stop. It almost feels like my brain has decided that it doesn't want me to be autistic anymore, and this makes no real sense to me. I wish it would just stop. This isn't the first time this has happened, but it impedes my creativity by making me constantly question if this is something a "real" person would do/say, and causes me to feel sick whenever I try to imagine more fun or creative scenarios.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 2:45 pm

My impression, actually, is that you're becoming "healthier" in an emotional sense.

kmb501
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2022, 4:20 pm

I don't like it. It's an impediment to my preferred lifestyle and interests. Even if it is considered "normal" to some people, it's not "normal" for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 4:34 pm

I understand what you're saying.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 4:46 pm

kmb501 wrote:
Lately I've been feeling emotions a lot more strongly than usual, and it confuses me and makes me feel sick. Normally, I can look at and write about things like gore and such without any issues, but just a few days ago, I started having very strong negative emotional reactions whenever I try to imagine it. I dislike these emotional changes and want them to stop. It almost feels like my brain has decided that it doesn't want me to be autistic anymore, and this makes no real sense to me. I wish it would just stop. This isn't the first time this has happened, but it impedes my creativity by making me constantly question if this is something a "real" person would do/say, and causes me to feel sick whenever I try to imagine more fun or creative scenarios.

So you're a horror writer/enthusiast?

Do you try to write everyday? Do you take sabbaticals?

I think that involving yourself in something extreme like horror every day would wear on you, even if you enjoy it.

I like the film 'saving private ryan' but its harrowing, so if i watched it once a week i'd be suffering psychologically.

kmb501
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2022, 4:57 pm

klanka wrote:

So you're a horror writer/enthusiast?

Do you try to write everyday? Do you take sabbaticals?

I think that involving yourself in something extreme like horror every day would wear on you, even if you enjoy it.

I like the film 'saving private ryan' but its harrowing, so if i watched it once a week i'd be suffering psychologically.

That's the thing, though. I usually don't "feel" anything negative when I write those kinds of things. Psychological horror might feel a little creepy if it's written well, but otherwise, I view it like comedy or any other fun genre, when I'm not dealing with the higher-than-normal emotions. Right now, and for a week or so, I've been dealing with the high emotions, and it's torture. My doctor put me back on an anti-psychotic used to treat bipolar disorder, but so far i can't tell a significant difference.