Pessimistic ramblings (Warning: heavy death speak)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nisamnormalna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 9:13 am

I can't get over that we're made up of the same crap as other organisms.

Meaning, when we die, we will inevitably rot. Meaning, when I die, everything I have felt as a human being, everything I have suffered through, every profound thought I had ever had, will have been rendered insignificant. Because now, I'm maggot food. Or shark food (if my corpse gets thrown out of a boat). Now, someone like me should technically be glad that we DO get to die and cease being part of such a chaotic existence. And I am, for the most part (immortality sounds scary AF)...

BUT, it is the fact that once we are actually gone, nature will not treat us any differently to a dead rat. Hell, even your cat wouldn't treat you differently to a dead rat if you died, because if that feline you bonded with so much has no way of finding any kind of sustenance around the house to survive on, eventually it is going to start *eating you* out of desperation.

Another thing: It is important to remember that reproducing is the fundamental purpose of any living being. It is this million-year-old inherent biological programming that serves as the driving force for anything we or other organisms do, and it honestly makes no sense to the logical or rational mind because *where are we actually going?* and *what is the end goal?* If anything?

So now I want to ask some of you what you think about the way life is set up. Does it bother you? If you're more or less content, what keeps you that way? I used to be a happy person, if that means anything, but I do believe I was delusional. As of now, there's no rose tint applied to my visual surroundings.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 11:37 am

[Deleted]

Edit: Deleted the whole post content. I seem to have misunderstood the OP. I still don't understand it. Apologies.

Last edited by temp1234 on 13 Oct 2022, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nisamnormalna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 12:04 pm

Errr .

This is difficult for me to put into words.

I've struggled far too much.mentaly. just because I was born Hunan. And jownincan to deal.eitjnt hi sndjit because wua? Fulm man it's too kuch

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 1:31 pm

Well I believe in Christianity which says we are getting resurrected and keeping our personalities and relationships we had down here. But everything,including relationships, will be healed and our new bodies immortal.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2022, 9:13 pm

99.99% of us haven't had an original thought anyway so it's no loss to collective human wisdom.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 9:26 pm

Why shouldn't we rot like rats?
We are not significant.
It's only human ego that makes us think we're special.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 9:32 pm

It's true, so seize the day.

Dead Poets Society - Carpe Diem