cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

I can find no reference in that article to anyone saying what you posted ^ ,
thus these are your own words
thus Matrix Glitch pointed it out
thus by your own metric you shouldn't show your face on this forum again /s :P

Can't throw accusations without evidence

You just don't understand.

What is there to understand? I established the 4 council members were caught uttering vile things about assaulting a black child of 2 years of age. It's not just me. Many of the council member's own community (LA Hispanic community) have been very vocal calling for their heads. This is the fundamental point of the thread.

I'm a little confused that you think this isn't what the thread is about. but then you have a proclivity to derail threads with similar themes to this one. Reminds me of another former member of WP.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

Are you being deliberately obtuse in the hopes of someone posting a personal attack?

You have an issue with someone (who is not white) being called a "Changuito" yet you referred to the 3 council members (who are not white) as "Changuitos". I believe this is evidence that permits me to throw accusations at you..

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:23 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

Are you being deliberately obtuse in the hopes of someone posting a personal attack?

You have an issue with someone (who is not white) being called a "Changuito" yet you referred to the 3 council members (who are not white) as "Changuitos". I believe this is evidence that permits me to throw accusations at you..

I was being ironic. they were labelling a small 2 year old child with that racist slur. I was merely pointing out that they should look at themselves in the mirror before throwing stones. All of them look like the name they were throwing around. Unless you feel they were practicing their free speech? you can't have both ways.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

I was being ironic. they were labelling a small 2 year old child with that racist slur. I was merely pointing out that they should look at themselves in the mirror before throwing stones. All of them look like the name they were throwing around. Unless you feel they were practicing their free speech? you can't have both ways.

Keep digging, this is hilarious :lol:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:40 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Keep digging, this is hilarious :lol:

You think its funny that 4 grown adults were discussing how they would like to beat up a toddler and refer to this baby as a "little monkey" in Spanish?

You think its funny that council members who are supposed to be representing constituents in one of the largest US cities are covertly supporting factions bases on ethnic lines? Not just blacks, LA Asians who have been suffering over the last 2 years of #Stop Asianhate are rather shocked to learn that the council members think it's funny to throw slurs against them as well.

Yeah...hilarious :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:42 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Goes to show you, the idiocy of racism isn't restricted to any particular ethnicity.

There's even racism within races. There are white people who hate redheads aka gingers (ginger being a pejorative). There are Chinese people who despise Japanese people and vice versa. Black people dislike black people who are darker and vice versa. There are Cubans who dislike Mexicans. People from the north dislike rednecks. People from the south dislike yankees. Democrats hate orange people. The list goes on and on. Maybe someday we'll figure out how to live with the fact that everyone doesn't love everyone.

White people who worship orange people can hate those who do not.

Is that just plain old right v left hate or a different flavour?

I wasn't talking about that. I just tossed in orange as a joke. I should have known better.

Gotta remember, you're dealing with Aspies here. Humor and irony often goes over our heads.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Gotta remember, you're dealing with Aspies here. Humor and irony often goes over our heads.

Including some who think they know better than everyone else

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
You think its funny that 4 grown adults were discussing how they would like to beat up a toddler and refer to this baby as a "little monkey" in Spanish?

Nope.

cyberdad wrote:
You think its funny that council members who are supposed to be representing constituents in one of the largest US cities are covertly supporting factions bases on ethnic lines? Not just blacks, LA Asians who have been suffering over the last 2 years of #Stop Asianhate are rather shocked to learn that the council members think it's funny to throw slurs against them as well.

Also Nope.

You can try to make this about me if you like, but I am not the one calling 3 Mexicans "Changuitos" , I'm also not the one who says that it's OK to use this term ironically as these Mexicans do look like monkeys.

None of these people look like monkeys, what is wrong with you?

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who are the 'some' and what do they claim to know better than everyone else?

In my opinion, you used a racist slur as a joke initially, when called out on it, you feigned ignorance and said there was no evidence. When it was explained to you in plain English, you doubled down with a grossly racist description.

Last edited by Doberdoofus on 15 Oct 2022, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

You don't seem to have a problem grasping such things considering the forms of entertainment you watch.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:30 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

Yes that's it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:51 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You don't seem to have a problem grasping such things considering the forms of entertainment you watch.

It can be hit or miss. Plus, with the comedy shows I watch I'm already expecting the jokes, which can be different from everyday life on WP.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:53 pm

I'm just going to point out that there's this weird sort of projection going on when it comes to common uses of the word "monkey" and its permutations to mean "messing around", such as monkey business, monkeying something up, monkeying around, etc, where progressives immediately assume that the word is racially loaded in a way that it most often isn't, which is sort of racist in that the first thing they think of when hearing the word "monkey" is black people.

Back in Seattle we even had a weird little micro controversy over some businesses in the neighborhood near the zoo putting up monkey themed decorations and some local progressive group claiming that it was racist, which again is pretty telling that they jumped right from monkeys to blacks, and apparently assume that's what everyone does.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 7:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It can be hit or miss. Plus, with the comedy shows I watch I'm already expecting the jokes, which can be different from everyday life on WP.

In this case it was a matter of ignoring everything else that was said in the post. Like tunnel vision perception.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 8:00 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
None of these people look like monkeys, what is wrong with you?
]

Neither does the baby whom was the target of their racist vitriol

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 8:01 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who are the 'some' and what do they claim to know better than everyone else?

In my opinion, you used a racist slur as a joke initially, when called out on it, you feigned ignorance and said there was no evidence. When it was explained to you in plain English, you doubled down with a grossly racist description.

To me this looks like a not so transparent attempt to derail this thread