Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Chew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2022, 7:24 am

I am just about 65 now. I have only realised I have issues. I have never been good with people, do still not understand them and now in fact dislike humans intensley because of our feeble attitude. When I look back, I was considered quite intelligent at school, but was constantly bombarded because of my attitude and lack of attention. I am not from a deprived background, my childhood was not a bundle of love and full of everything, but it was ok so no issues there.
I joined the forces to get away from "normality" and ended up working as a lone wolf in a desperate environment for a long time and was happy.
The issues I am now suffering have always been there but I have only just noticed. I analise everything said to me by anybody and usually dismiss it as false. I cant even explain how that feels now I have time to reflect, to not trust anything anybody tells me. All salespeople are liars, born liars, I cant even bring myself to justify that comment, I just wouldn't speak to one.
My youngest son Has ADHD and is slightly Autistic and worked in the mental health sector (now he has sold his house and lives in a forest hahaha), anyway he assures me I have ADHD, Autism and dislexia. Or as I call them "some odd traits" I went to university when I was 36 and struggled massively with lectures, but I still got a 2.1.

So very long story short, stop worrying everybody has all these, just at varying levels. I managed to live a fruitfull life 2 great kids a wife for 36 years and life goes on just in a slightly different way to the rest of the lying cheating BS world. Be who you are, it might not make you the most popular, but you will end up with the RIGHT people around you. Its not you its 'THEM', what is normal?????

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 4:51 pm

I agree that being normal isn't anything to be particularly proud of. I'm reminded of Mark Twain's writing where he often depicts the mainstream as mostly a set of jerks. And I hate salespeople (though I suppose some are less dishonest than others). I'd also include politicians and priests in that category, i.e. with some exceptions I see them as brainwashers and find most of what they say an insult to my intelligence, and I don't understand why anybody listens to them except as useful material to sharpen their critical thinking skills so they won't get so easily fooled.

If you have ASD, the "pathological honesty" thing might explain the abhorrence towards dishonesty. I've mellowed a little myself over the years, and now accept that there are sometimes more important things than absolute candour, that sometimes brutal frankness can do more harm than good, but I'll probably always feel a strong dislike of most things that are fake, and a strong preference for what's genuine.

I also agree that it's often better not to hammer yourself into the mainstream mould, better to brazen it out as the person you are, in order to attract like minds and repel the rest, though sometimes I end up needing the help of those others, so I wouldn't push my honesty too far.