Wrong city or country = no GF or BF

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 5:25 am

Bed Stuy is not “Do or Die” any longer :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 5:29 am

The Upper West Side (which is south of Harlem) is on a par with the Upper East Side (also south of Harlem).

There’s a more traditional sort of vibe to the UES, though.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 6:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Upper West Side (which is south of Harlem) is on a par with the Upper East Side (also south of Harlem).

There’s a more traditional sort of vibe to the UES, though.

I remember the Upper West Side being relatively "affordable" in the 80s. It attracted younger people who weren't dissuaded by a small risk of being "mugged". It also seemed to have a "liberal" vibe. The Upper East Side has never not been upscale even in the days of Abe Beam. It's where the Jeffersons lived.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 7:51 am

^Yep.....that's true.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Oct 2022, 8:41 pm

I think Japan might be good for nerdy autistic guys. Various nerd culture things are very popular there like Anime, Nintendo, robots, J-pop, cosplay, & Japanese martial arts movies & weaponry :ninja: :nerdy:

As for myself, I was not able to relocate till I got in my current relationship which started online & was mostly long-distance for about half a year. I moved from Louisiana to Vermont to be with her. I was single & looking for 8 years straight between my 1st relationship & my 2nd(but I somehow got my current gf a couple months after my 2nd ended :wink: ) & I do think I might of had better luck getting a relationship if I lived in a progressive city. I just posted my reasons for thinking that in another thread before I saw this one & I'm too lazy to retype a slightly different variation saying the same so I'll just copy & past :arrow:

I lived in kinda a rural area & cant drive(vision is too bad) & there was no public transportation & both my parents worked so that kinda limited me with going out. Plus I lived in the deep south where the main things people did together offline besides work was church, bars/clubs, going to sports games, & outdoors stuff(eg camping, fishing, hunting). I'm a Secular Humanist, I was straight-edge, I hated sports, & I'm not into outdoor things. Plus I'm very progressive(for lack of a better word) & most people in that area are hard-core conservatives. So it should be no surprise that I had NO luck getting so much as a date offline. I f#cking hated living there except I miss the seafood & my parents. So I was VERY willing to relocate for a relationship when I had the opportunity to.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 9:08 am

nick007 wrote:
I think Japan might be good for nerdy autistic guys. Various nerd culture things are very popular there like Anime, Nintendo, robots, J-pop, cosplay, & Japanese martial arts movies & weaponry :ninja: :nerdy:

I guess it's good to live here if you're into that. Most women here are no more interested in nerds than women back home, though. If you live in Japan and want to find jApaNEse gUrL I suggest you just tell outrageous stories about the crazy life we (supposedly) live in foreign countries. You know, selling your exoticness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 9:23 am

Japanese women are probably fascinated by "exotic" folks-----and might seek "experiences." Just like all people who seek "exotic" folks.

Ultimately, however, when it comes right down to it, most would probably a long-term, committed relationship with someone of their own ethnic group.

Remember....I said "most."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 2:55 pm

While I haven't experienced it myself, this is true for various sub-types of people.

A couple of gay friends have told me that they don't get attention from guys in clubs and at parties in our city.. they're largely ignored (Which is wild to me because they're my type.) while guys that look more like me get the most attention. Some of these guys have told me they'll travel South to Seattle for a long weekend and party there because the scene is different and their appearance type gets a lot of attention there.

So, I guess this can be true for a variety of types of people.. from appearances to neurotypes/behaviours.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 11:19 pm

What's wrong with the Silicon Valley?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:27 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
What's wrong with the Silicon Valley?

A very high male-to-female ratio because the predominant industry there is overwhelmingly male.