Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:51 pm

How can Aspergers get tired if they stay home all day? Can they?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 11:07 pm

Bad diet, bad sleep habits, other people living with you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 1:23 am

Depends what you mean by tired. I suppose the word covers sleepiness, listlessness, languidness, physical or mental lethargy, muscle fatigue.

redqueenspawn
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2022, 3:21 pm

Makes sense to me that our super-active brains burn a whole lot more energy than NT ones, even if our bodies are not being very active. I've always needed extra sleep!

Boredom and lack of exercise can also make a person feel tired.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 6:10 am

I get tired easily after I've been around people. I also get tired on the days that I stay home, because I'm still recovering from being around people.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 6:31 am

"tired" can have many definitions and explanations. Just trying to function and get even a little thing accomplished can be completely overwhelming and exhausting. Yes "just staying at home" can be very difficult and needing to rest and retreat is legit, it is not an excuse. If exhaustion is constant and long standing mixed with sadness, frustration or despair, please consider getting professional support. It could be depression, which has so many treatment alternatives that nobody should have to suffer today .

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2022, 5:31 pm

redqueenspawn wrote:
Makes sense to me that our super-active brains burn a whole lot more energy than NT ones, even if our bodies are not being very active. I've always needed extra sleep!

bingo

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 11:56 pm

redqueenspawn wrote:

You maybe right about our brains, cuz when I get very upset or a little upset & crying, I get tired afterwards.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 12:00 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I get tired easily after I've been around people. I also get tired on the days that I stay home, because I'm still recovering from being around people.

I used to get tired too after being out of my apartment. I’m not tired with people I like.