Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 3:08 am

Does honey help with losing weight? Probably combined with lemon juice etc? Or does honey make you gain weight?

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2022, 10:57 am

No, not at all. No food inherently makes you lose weight.

Weight loss is mainly about having a calorie deficit. You need to consume less calorie than your body burns. Regardless of what you eat.

A lot of people mistakenly look for a special food or a special diet to try to lose weight. These type of people often hop from one fad diet to another without seeing long-term results. But the truth is that you can lose weight eating just about anything as long as your portion sizes are under control.

First, look at some TDEE calculators online (total daily energy expenditure) and get a rough estimate of the calories you need to maintain your weight. Then, eat 250-500 calories below that. If you're not losing weight quickly enough, reduce that by 200-300 more. And then you can gradually tweak that number each week until you lose weight at the rate you desire.

Count your calories consistently. Use an app like myfitnesspal or a notebook if needed. Use a food scale or measuring cup if needed.

Exercising helps too, but keep in mind, calories is the #1 priority.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 11:03 am

the only way i can lose weight is keto diet. Cos carbs are addictive, like the addiciton to sugar makes it not possible for me to eat little.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 4:35 am

Thank you, both. Sorry for responding way too late. My bad habit of fearing receiving no responses and not checking, and then forgetting about my thread.

I wasn't expecting to lose weight by eating honey. Honey is mostly sugar and I thought honey would not be good for people wanting to lose weight. I had a discussion with my coworker who insisted on using honey for her weight loss plan. I just wanted to see what people think about it. I think a lot of information on the Internet are is misleading.

Yes, I agree that calorie intake needs to be lower than what you burn to lose weight. However, I believe that carbs are the main contributor to weight gain. Consuming little carbs definitely helps lose weight.

Yes, I think keto diet is the way to go. I actually did try a low carb diet in the past. I ate lots of meat, veggies, cheese, eggs etc and did no exercise. I never went hungry. I easily lost 10kgs in 2 months although losing weight wasn't important to me.

Edit: fixed an error

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:28 am

To avoid the keto flu you can get MCT oil tablets from the health food shop. They make it almost painless to go into ketosis. You just take some when you feel weak,

limnakhau
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2023, 9:24 am

For the last 3 months I have stopped eating any junk food. My daily dose of sweetness comes from honey...now,I only eat it with greek yogurt(1x/2x per day) but I have heard that it might not be the best...

What is your opinion on the matter guys and could you suggest me maybe alternatives to healthy snacks?

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 11:04 am

temp1234 wrote:
Yes, I agree that calorie intake needs to be lower than what you burn to lose weight. However, I believe that carbs are the main contributor to weight gain. Consuming little carbs definitely helps lose weight.

Calories are the main contributor to weight gain, as you say in your first sentence. It doesn't matter whether the calories come from carbs, protein, or fat. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight.

Look at someone who eats mostly salad (without dressing) and steamed vegetables. They would probably lose weight and stay at a healthy weight, even though almost everything they consume is carbs. Those foods have little or not protein or fat in them, they are just carbs.