Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2022, 5:33 pm

Have you seen the announcements and trailers so far? What do you think about it?

For me:
Instant liking to Kevin Michael Richardson (Kamek), Jack Black (Bowser), Khary Payton (that Penguin king), and Keegan-Michael Key (Toad).
As for Chris Pratt (Mario)? His first line was underwhelming; but his second was decent, like the Brooklyn version (e.g., The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!). Reminds me of the 2017 versions of Huey, Dewey, and Louie; their voices were off-putting at first, too, but now they seem to be second-nature for most DuckTales fans.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 11:09 pm

It's releasing on my brother's birthday month. Definitely going to go see it. This is the redemption arc for Mario in cinema decades after his first cinematic disaster. I've yet to see that one and I'm going to need booze to get through it.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 4:01 pm

I like the Super Mario franchise so I would definitely go see it.

RenegadeWanderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2022, 1:07 am

I wasn't sure about the movie when it was first announced since video games movies can be a hit or miss, but after watching the trailer, I would say it looks promising. So far the video game adaption movies have been starting to get better with examples such as Sonic The Hedgehog, and Pokémon: Detective Pikachu , so there's hope.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 1:12 am

RenegadeWanderer wrote:
I wasn't sure about the movie when it was first announced since video games movies can be a hit or miss, but after watching the trailer, I would say it looks promising. So far the video game adaption movies have been starting to get better with examples such as Sonic The Hedgehog, and Pokémon: Detective Pikachu , so there's hope.

They do seem to be getting better recently, don't they? There was a time when a video game movie was almost guaranteed to be a flop.

RenegadeWanderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2022, 4:37 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
They do seem to be getting better recently, don't they? There was a time when a video game movie was almost guaranteed to be a flop.

Oh yeah, a lot of them were total stinkers back then, but so far Hollywood is starting to understand video games and gamers a little better.

It's amazing how we went from this:

To this:

Now if only Paramount could make a more faithful adaption of the Halo TV Show, then I would be happy.