DeSantis Voter Fraud arresting people

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 2:16 am

Ron De Satan clearly takes deep pride in being a bully; he bullied the Special Olympics, he bullies teachers, he bullies trans kids, he bullies literally anyone who disagrees with him. In the words of one of his college teammates: “Ron is the most selfish person I have ever interacted with. He has always loved embarrassing and humiliating people. I’m speaking for others—he was the biggest dick we knew.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10 ... ud-arrests

DeSantis was in the news for a cheap political stunt in which Venezuelan migrants were lured onto planes they were told was headed for Boston and then dumped on the tiny island of Martha’s Vineyard, all so the governor could score some points with Fox News and other people who think it’s fine to literally treat human beings like chattel.
'
Body-cam footage obtained by the Tampa Bay Times, published on Tuesday, gives a never-before-seen look at the August 18 arrests conducted by Florida’s newly formed “Office of Election Crimes and Security.” During a press conference DeSantis held the same day to brag about his work cracking down on alleged voter fraud, he told reporters that more than a dozen people had been arrested on charges of voting illegally in the 2020 election and warned, “This is the opening salvo.”

In the clips, the Floridians being arrested, who now face up to five years in prison, appear to be totally caught off guard and confused as to why they’re being put in handcuffs. Romona Oliver was leaving for work when the cops showed up at her home before 7 a.m. saying they were arresting her for voter fraud. “Voter fraud?” she responded. “I voted, but I ain’t commit no fraud.” Tony Patterson, who was arrested outside his Tampa home, asked, “What is wrong with this state, man?”
In an interview, Oliver’s attorney, Mark Rankin, told the Tampa Bay Times he believes the governor’s election security force targeted the people it did because the public would not have any sympathy for anyone convicted of sexual crimes or murder. “That’s not an accident,” Rankin said, of DeSantis’s decision to mention the arrestees’ criminal records during his news conference. “That’s a political strategy.”