Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 2:47 pm

Just had a conversation where she said if a girl asked me what I was doing tonight I would give a list of things I had planned, and when a lady asked what I do in the evenings, I would give detailed information about the types of things I do.

She thinks it is funny because she said "It was ladies asking me out!"

"But they never said?"

I would see them look dissapointed and wonder what I said wrong to make them feel like that.

The problem is if a lady is direct I can think her too direct? But if a lady does not speak direct I may not know?

Getting a date is the biggest hurdle as some people have no problems here.

But looking back on my life. There have been some funny ones.

This beautiful lady who due to faceblindness, I would only know who she was by her voice would occasionally get on the train at Llandeilo or Ffair Fach when I worked trains, and she once said to me "I have a whole summer spare and I have no where to go" so I told her some lovely places and gave her both timetables required and whatever information I could find, and she looked at me in an odd way with her mouth open.
I missed her as she was a lovely lady but she stopped coming on my trains after that.
I did go back to Llandeilo many times but I could not recognise her if I saw her unless she spoke to me as I knew her by her voice.

It was my Mum who when I later told her what appened pointed out that she was trying to ask me out. She never said! I didn't ask her because I can't tell the difference between ladies trying to be friendly and ladies that are attracted to me! They look the same to me so I have to assume it is being friendly because times in the past when I was younger I very politiely asked ladies out in the kindest way I could and it was a disaster so I don't ask.

I write this for the humour sidenof looking back at things where I just did not get what ladies meant.

One lady on the train at Pencoed (And this was ages later when I asked and was told she wanted me to ask her out...).
What happened was I had been told by other conductors that this girl wanted to go out with me so I looked and looked but I didn't know who it was.
Then one evening this lady seemed un-co-operative. When I asked for her ticket she said she did not have one, so I asked where she was going and she stood up and put her arms in the air towards me and said "Take me anywhere".
I said that I can't take her anywhere as I need to know where she is going to put the destination on a ticket. She seemed very dissapointed and asked for a return to Cardiff Central, and She seemed sad and quiet for the rest of the journey. I didn't know why or what had "Got into her" to act like that and it was ages later when saying what had happened to my Mum that I realized that she must have been the one who the other railway conductors had told me that fancied me. I never knew! She never told me! I remembered the event just because it was soo odd when one of my passengers did something unusual! Haha!
Faceblindness means even if I saw her again, I would not know...

But all is ok. I just pray that these ladied find someone and are happy as we all need to be happy.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm

that's interesting, ive probably missed opportunities

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 4:04 pm

klanka wrote:
that's interesting, ive probably missed opportunities

I only found out some of them when they stayed in my mind due to the odd dissapointed reactions and I would ask my Mum one day in conversation (As we often chat to each other as our minds and ways are kinda similar and we get on well).
If I did not have anyone close to talk to I would still puzzle! Haha!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 6:41 pm

well sometimes i see those reactions and i had a hint they were fliritng but didnt have the presence of mind to say the right thing.i would've caught on to the keen traveller (take me anywhere) but might not have known what to say

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 8:07 pm

klanka wrote:
well sometimes i see those reactions and i had a hint they were fliritng but didnt have the presence of mind to say the right thing.i would've caught on to the keen traveller (take me anywhere) but might not have known what to say

I was just totally puzzled! Poor lady!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 2:22 am

Just tell her you're washing your hair!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 5:13 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Just tell her you're washing your hair!

Can't give that excuse as my hair usually needs a wash... Oh wait! That would be an excuse!

But wait! That would give an opposite result to the one I wanted as I wanted to go on a date!

Uhmm. These things are confusing!

:D :D

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 9:12 am

"I have a whole summer spare and I have no where to go"

ive probably had something like that in the past and misinterpreted it as friendly conversation.

The more you know....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 11:28 am

You have a great mum. She seems very cool.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 2:09 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
You have a great mum. She seems very cool.

Yes. This evening we payed Uno but I had to quit after a few goes as these days I can't do the thinking...

Used to be good at things like this!