Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2022, 5:44 pm

My main go tos for home are rocking, pacing, and fidgets. I've been working out with my resistance band then I goy a kettle bell and its in the bed with me because I find it hard to stim there. Any other suggestions?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 6:47 pm

dumb bells or ghetto weights (bottles of water in a bag)
squats press ups
running up and down stairs

it is a good stim yee-eess

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2022, 10:41 pm

klanka wrote:
dumb bells or ghetto weights (bottles of water in a bag)
squats press ups
running up and down stairs

it is a good stim yee-eess

nice! yes i love my dumb bells. ever try resistance band? it's nice too. cheers

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 4:50 am

weighted vest, weighted back pack, weighted wrist and ankle bands.... not all at once, but maybe you will prefer the feedback from one over the other. I have got to where I love my backpack and look forward to how it makes me feel when I wear it. Awkward if you want to sit down, but on the go, it is amazing. Enjoy exploring all the sensory feedback!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 9:15 am

ive never done resistance bands, just weights

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2022, 11:44 pm

One word: DEADLIFT

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2022, 3:32 pm

Elgee wrote:
One word: DEADLIFT

:!: 8)

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2022, 3:32 pm

autisticelders wrote:
weighted vest, weighted back pack, weighted wrist and ankle bands.... not all at once, but maybe you will prefer the feedback from one over the other. I have got to where I love my backpack and look forward to how it makes me feel when I wear it. Awkward if you want to sit down, but on the go, it is amazing. Enjoy exploring all the sensory feedback!

Nice!

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 3:36 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
My main go tos for home are rocking, pacing, and fidgets. I've been working out with my resistance band then I goy a kettle bell and its in the bed with me because I find it hard to stim there. Any other suggestions?

I don't know what to think on this one. On the one hand its an advantage: you end up being more motivated to work out than most. On the other hand, it is no longer healthy.

I am glad for me its not a stim. Even though it means I forget to work out most of the time.

When, one day, I will finally get myself to work out on a regular basis, I will be able to be proud of it and feel healthy about it. Since I know in my case its not a stim :)

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2022, 11:57 am

QFT wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:

I don't know what to think on this one. On the one hand its an advantage: you end up being more motivated to work out than most. On the other hand, it is no longer healthy.

I am glad for me its not a stim. Even though it means I forget to work out most of the time.

When, one day, I will finally get myself to work out on a regular basis, I will be able to be proud of it and feel healthy about it. Since I know in my case its not a stim :)

Yeah that another way to look at it because I find myself doing exercises that are comfortable so I shouldn't limit to that but be well rounded.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 8:53 pm

It’s certainly a better stim than some stims.

I almost wish working out was a stim for me.