Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Hus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2022, 5:14 am

Hello, I am new here.
I have a question about how to use the forum. Is there a way to search a keyword between topics? I don't want to start a new topic if there is already one about it. But I couldn't find a way except going through all the topics under connected title. For example I want to ask something under the Womens group, but maybe the same question was asked before so I want to be sure about it. But there are too many pages to check one by one. CTRL+F only checks the page I am on. :?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 5:29 am

If you're looking at the forum from a computer there is a search field at the top just below "My Account". If you're on a mobile device open a subforum, "Women's" for example, there will be the same search field at the bottom of the page.

Like so:
https://wrongplanet.net/search-results/?cx=partner-pub-8703422890298959%3Aq5of6baj6hj&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=blah&sa=Submit

Welcome to the forum.

Hus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2022, 6:29 am

oops , I thought that search button gave only Google results :oops:

Thanks!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 6:33 am

Look at the screen.

Right below where it says "log out"...right above the part of that blue band -the part that says 'Therapies & Services', and even with the Wrong Planet trademark, you will see a little white space with a 'Q' followed by the word "search".

Just type in your search word, and then all of the stuff about that word will come up.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Oct 2022, 6:40 am

search.php

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 9:59 am

The search feature is a bit flaky. Sometimes it says it cannot work right now. When this happens to me I use my own “geometric backoff”. I wait one second (by counting to 1 in my head) and try again, then 2 seconds then 4 then 8 then 16 (and so on). Sometimes it works at 1 sometimes it works at 16 or anything in between.
You can also use goggle.
Add “site:wrongplanet.net” to your searches after your keywords.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 12:53 am

Fenn wrote:
You can also use goggle.
Add “site:wrongplanet.net” to your searches after your keywords.

This is the correct answer, works much better than the janky site search, even more so if you use quotation marks to look for a specific phrase.