I don't care 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
Who's Billie Eilish? 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 25

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 8:48 am

ironpony wrote:
People talk about how guys have to be good looking in order to be successful with women. But if a guy chooses based on looks to an extent then he is considered shallow in comparison

Guys have to be physically attractive but that involves a number of different qualities plus it varies from woman to woman and very often even a woman herself can't easily explain why she is attracted to one guy but not another who superficially may seem quite similar.

But men, at least stereotypically, care mostly about physical appearance. A picture of a naked woman he knows nothing about might get him aroused. This is generally not understood to work the other way round for women. There are also a number of well-known reasons why men prefer younger women but to be fair there are definitely also women who prefer younger men, but when a man shows a preference for younger women it's more likely to be perceived as objectification.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 8:50 am

I am one who believes that younger women have certain virtues----but that older women sometimes have other virtues that overlap with or supersede the virtues which younger women have.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 9:28 am

MaxE wrote:
ironpony wrote:
People talk about how guys have to be good looking in order to be successful with women. But if a guy chooses based on looks to an extent then he is considered shallow in comparison

Guys have to be physically attractive but that involves a number of different qualities plus it varies from woman to woman and very often even a woman herself can't easily explain why she is attracted to one guy but not another who superficially may seem quite similar.

But men, at least stereotypically, care mostly about physical appearance. A picture of a naked woman he knows nothing about might get him aroused. This is generally not understood to work the other way round for women. There are also a number of well-known reasons why men prefer younger women but to be fair there are definitely also women who prefer younger men, but when a man shows a preference for younger women it's more likely to be perceived as objectification.

That makes sense. I don't feel I'm like that way as a guy and I've been told i am more 'sapiosexual', or attracted a lot more to personality it seems.

the reasons me and my girlfriend seem to click so well is because we are both autistic and that seems to have helped us relate and communicate much better than experiences I've had before.

However I'm surprised people I know seem to judge the relationship even though the autism relation is a huge factor.

People tell me that I would probably be better off with someone who else who has autism but then I find someone who does that I happen to really like, then people have to find a problem with it it seems, but it's not like everything is going to line up perfectly.